Which Optima battery

its getting a new clutch tommorow to see if that solves the prob... still F/S if anyone wants it!!! :mrgreen:

i might if it comes to that... but we will see... id like to sell it local though... then maybe ill be able to buy it back in a few years and tube it out :mrgreen:

wm69 said:
my last red top lasted me 5.5 years and i got $30 toward the price of a new one (still under warrenty).
That is what should be expected from any good battery, I have had stock battery lasted that long. I'm not saying a stock battery will always last 5-6 years, but they can.

my dad ordered the "heavy duty" electrical system on his scrambler. That "heavy duty" battery lasted 2 years :roll: At least he got an upgraded alt. with it. As for my optima, yes, 5 years isn't unheard of with any battery, but when you have a stock carter pos carb that you have to restart 30 times on a trip through town, wiring problems with your stereo that drains the battery, and it still lasts over 5 years (not to mention getting $$ towards a new one), I'm sold.... Yes you can take them to any place that sells optimas and they will prorate it (free replacement for 2 years, prorated after that) and give you some $$ toward a new one. I bought mine in AR and traded it in on a new one in Memphis....

Back