Which CB to keep.....?

JeepMonkey

So here's my dilemna folks...As most of you know I was the lucky winner of the Jeepz summer giveaway. The prize was a Uniden 510xl, 40 channel radio. A few years ago I bought a Cobra 75 wx/st. This is the one that has all the controls inside the handset. The Uniden radio is $40 retail, while the Cobra is $130. I've looked at the specs, but don't know that much about CB's to understand. Is the more expensive model the better one? Or is it only more expensive because of it's compact design? Both radios are still brand new and never installed.

Which one should I keep? Mounting locations are not a problem since I'm mounting either one to my roll cage over the front seat.

If you are mounting it overhead, I'd probably keep the traditional one, with a smaller handset. I just imagine getting bopped on the head with the uniden would be nicer than the cobra.

Which one do you think would look better mounted overhead, and within sight?

Hey JM

I would usually go with the one that was easiest to use and had the best sound (especially with all the outside and inside road noise)...

but Terry has a great point about which might hurt the most if getting bopped on the head.

And BTW you can send me the one you decide not to use...:purple:

Larry

The one I decide not to use may very well end up on sale here.....though, please don't let that influence your advice to me. :twisted:

Well, I've read a few different opinions at various places. It seems most people agree that the Cobra is the one to keep. Stu had a pretty good write up on both radios and the Cobra won hands down.

Back