Wheel Spacers

ATHiker

Anyone ever use the wheel spacers to get the tires away from suspension. I have a 2000 Sport with the new and bigger tires on the jeep the inside of the tires is very close, even after I moved the track Bar. Are these spacer OK on the street (street driving) and off road (rugged and unbreakable), and Is there a size I should stay away from. I believe if I get 1 or 1.5 in spacer it would be far enough from the suspensin. Thanks in advance. :?:

Kingpin Bar?

Does it ever actually touch the suspension or anything? If not, I would just leave it alone. Most of the people here get rubbing when the wheels are turned sharp, one way or the other.

The front does rub at sharp turns, but the problem seems to be that the rear tires are so close to the coil spring mounting plates that I ground about 1/2 inch off of the plates so they dont rub. Off road some times when the tires shift violently they rub against the coil spring mounting plates. Thanks

Pray, Wish me luck, Send good vibes, or What ever you do!

1" would probably do the job, if you go too far they may rub the flares.

They're fine, as long as you get the spacers that bolt to the factory lug and have their own lugs. Don't use the ones that require you to install longer lugs and simply space the wheel out, putting a lot of stress on the long lugs.

i'm with bounty... the washer style spacers are not a good idea

ive run the spacer type and broke plenty of studs... ive burned about 160 in replacing them so often. ive decided to get these 1.25 in spacers from spidertech and im awaiting for them to come in, i could take the blemished ones for 20 bucks less or take brand new ones for what i paid for, but i have to wait till 3/23/12 for them to send... they're popular i suppose...

i have spidertrax wheel spacers on my xj, ive had them for about 3 months with no problems to report, i love them

i had a cj5 with the spidertrax spacers with no problems work very well you could always use wheel's with better back spacing if ur worried about spacer's and playing with the track bar will do nothing to solve ur rubbing problem's it keep's the front axle centered from left to right go with the spacers you'll be happy with them

So far ive bought the wheel spacers from spidertrax and i couldnt have been happier, they work well and havent come loose as long as you apply the locktight that comes with. They have taken potholes of chicago to the treacherous high speed driving to power launches and off road. I recommend them, hopefully they will fit when i get my whole new solid axle assembly from a 76 IH with dana 60s and 4.10 gears 4x4 ready. Never hurts to go wide for stability, until the police get picky. XD happy wheeling!

Back