What's your worst Jeep wrenching injury?

Re: PB blaster and paint.

I've used superglue on smaller ones before. That works well, so long as they're clean. If this one hadn't had all kinds of grease in it, and had been more even on the edges (I couldn't get one edge to line up, toward the bottom of the second pic, because the flesh on one side of the gash actually pulled out from under the skin on the other side, and I couldn't get that flap of skin to uncurl), I'd have used superglue to fix it, too, along with butterflies. It's pretty sore today, and I can't really bend or use the pinky and ring finger on my right hand. Work should be interesting tomorrow, as I'm supposed to keep it clean and dry....yeah, right. Dry and irrigation repair don't go together!

How 'bout some of those "mechanic's gloves". I've been wantin' to try those..........why, I don't know, but they look pretty cool.

I thought about getting some of those for everyday wear at work, don't know how waterproof they are. For this injury, though, I think they'd be too small and short. i was thinking about maybe some rubber gloves like ya wear for washing dishes, with the longer cuffs. Sometimes I'm up to my elbows in water and mud when replacing a head or fitting, so I need something pretty long. Heck, I otta stop by the vet's office on my way to work and get me some of them "calf-pulling" gloves they wear!!

RE: I just bought me a 2002 jeep wrangler 4.0l

The mechanic's gloves arent much for waterproof, but they do help out big time on the busted knuckles and are well worth the 20 bucks .

jeepguy46176 said:
The mechanic's gloves arent much for waterproof, but they do help out big time on the busted knuckles and are well worth the 20 bucks .

As easily as this cut my knuckle, I'm betting whatever it was I hit would have sliced right through mechanic's gloves. I still haven't looked at the mower to see what I hit, as it has rained everyday since the accident, and half the yard isn't mowed. The half I did get mowed is tall enough to be mowed again, so you can imagine how bad the other half is......

Back