What's your day job?

My day job is *retired*, used to work for the State Department as a building/maintenance tech.
Now I have a couple of part time jobs to keep me in fun money. Drive a truck for a Newspaper and do game census for the County, the official title is "Game Overseer". The county job is trying to retire me, they are still looking for a replacement. Just got a promotion in the truck driving job and full benefits for 18 hours a week, guess they want to keep me.

I'm a call-taker for AAA in the Miami Valley (Dayton,OH) area, taking calls for emergency road service (tows, lock-outs, out-of-gas, etc) & also signing uip/renewing members, doing trip-tiks, etc. And by night I deliver pizzas for Papa Johns in Dayton. Love delivering with the doors off & top down!

Dear Vlad,

Hey ol' buddy ol' pal. Seeing that you live just up the road, and seeing that I'm too cheap to PAY for cable................

I work in a place called HiFi Mobile Solutions i install all kinds of mobile electronics, video, audio, alarms, gps, you name it i love my job. =]

Specialized Non Destructive Testing. I inspect Storage Tanks, Pipe Lines, Heat exchangers and Boilers in the Gas and Oil sectors. So far done inspections in about 20 different counties.............have toolbox, will travel

Was a machinest,millwright,welder,fabricator,became unemployed and decided to sell whale poo,seems to be a shortage of it though. Darn the luck!

For the first 20 years I was a printing press operator. The last 14 years I have been a software tester for a company that writes software for the concrete and aggregate industry.

Some days I miss the physical work of printing...other days my back is really glad I got out of it! :lol:

Boilermaker : go do maintance in chemical plant, power plants & paper mills.

Money is great but have to travel alot!!

Firefighter for the last 20 years.

Attachments

• P8109170.jpg
    P8109170.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 205
  • P8109101.jpg
    P8109101.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 205
I'm currently a network systems administrator for the CA Army National Guard. I'm a full time guardsman and have about six years left until I can retire. Of course, then I have to get a real job and go to work for a living.

deleted by Ggg

Last edited:
I work at a car lot, sucking farts out of old car seats :hide: or I wish I did, somedays. I take a lot of verbal abuse working at a bus station for things I have nothing to do with, hence my quandry. Many times I 'bite my tongue' given the many terse responses I'm so familiar with from my service days.

Last edited:
:agree: I have to deal with people on a daily basis and most them are not happy to see me.If I am there most likley something is broke and some how it is my fault.

Back