What to do First

mgaron

Well, I just got my new jeep and have a little money to burn. I was wondering what my first mod or accessory should be. I dont want to void any warranties, and need to keep it to a 200 dollar max. Maybe tow straps or bumpers or intake or exhaust. I do not know. My jeep is a daily driver and i off-road a little but not anything to complicated b/c im a newbie. Any suggestions.

Disconnects. Get them done while everything is new and you have no rusted bolts.

Yeah, disconnects are the best bang for the buck. I would also recommend a hi lift and a good tow strap with hoops, not metal hooks. A shovel and other tools will be helpful as well if u plan on doing some serious wheeling.

Ok, well you got the Rubicon... Excellent choice. I would say the strap, Hi-Lift jack, and then you should have enough left over for a K&N replacement Air filter. Although... the Disco's might be good. Not sure of their importance on a TJ. I have a YJ and just removed my Sway bar all together, but I have leafs... so I'm not sure. If you have some $ left over or find some on the ground... you might think about a CB if you plan on joining a club. I got a basic CB that is waterproof from Radio Shack for $60, antenna is another $10. It saved my butt once and paid for itself in just that one time.

C

In looking for a tow strap what weight limit and length should i be looking for?

water pump pulley for 258 (vbelt, 2 groove)

20'x2" strap rated at 20K is a good all around strap. Make sure you've got tow hooks front and rear, a CB, swaybar disconnects, and a hi-lift jack. That should set you up very well.

Good to learn a LOT with a stock jeep before lifting it, you'll be better off. Careful with the lockers on that Rubi, they will get you in over your head very quickly. I saw a jeeper lay his wife's Rubi on it's side with only 160mi on the ticker and temp registration :shock:

Let's do some damage with that loot-
*customized color windshield wipers
*bullet hole stickers
*slider windows
*extra handle grips to mount on the roll bar
just a few of my favorite mods

$200 let's do some damage

I agree with everyone. Disco's then recovery equipment. Hopfully to pull others out. Give yourself a few months and you will be hitting the trails more and more. Especially with such a capable Jeep. Man I want a Rubi want to trade for an old tired CJ? (I don't want the payment though)

I'm sorry, but for the love of Pete! Don't get color matched wipers or the bullet hole stickers. And slider windows are a waste of money. No huge benefit. Sorry sharon... i mean, mysharona. He got a Rubicon, not a PJ.

C

I dont have a lift now but want to get one. what should i hold off on disconnects so i dont have to buy them twice. Once unlifted and another lifted.

Get the disco's now and learn to 'froad with your vehicle in stock form, it's very capable and you won't be as top-heavy. When you wear down those soft MT/R's is when you should start looking for a lift and larger tires, if your type and amount of wheelin even dictates them.

If you are looking to lift in the future or even now for a little taller look, JKS Discos are for 0"-2" lift (adjustable). If you are thinking about going higher then it becomes a problem.

Personally, I think 2" lift would be plenty for your new toy. $137 JKS Quicker Disco's for 0-2" lift would be perfect.

Let's do some damage with that loot-
*customized color windshield wipers
*bullet hole stickers
*slider windows
*extra handle grips to mount on the roll bar
just a few of my favorite mods
I do hope this was a Joke! tug

• Disco's ( gives you alot of flex for your money/ and in my opinion the very first thing you should add)
    recovery strap ( also tow hooks on the front and back /D ring shackle reciever hitch for the back)
    A drop in K&N filter( improves gas milage and power)
    Hi-Lift jack with accosories
    Tera-low kit or some other mfg kit( the extra low range will get you out of more trouble than any other improvment)
Then I would start on buying things for your under carriage.
A steering box cover since it is right in front and open to damage.
Tail light covers( to protect those trailer lights heheh)
At this point you should know what you want to do with your ride I.E. lift height, tire size and stuff and start planning and saving for this. And do it all at once...never liked seeing a lifted truck or Jeep with stock tires on it.

Tow hooks, Straps, and Disconnects should be able to be done easily for under $200. I'm just wondering how the heck you have $200 after buying a Rubicon :?
TC

bikini top and doors, help

OK, OK, OK. I've got a set of upper door sliders I use in the winter months. Got 'em on eBay for $175 (and that included shipping). Caught a real sweet "buy it now" deal! They're great when its really cold and the wind is whipping pretty hard. I HAVE to have a window open or at least cracked, no matter what the weather. They will stifle you if you don't have AC and you use them in warm weather, though, so just I switch back to the good ol' zip-'em-ups.
Sounds like these have been put on the PJ list? I'll take that chance. :)

Back