What part would you want cheap?

3JeepsOffroad

So a while back, I asked in a thread (below) about the Jeep shop idea. Thus, the plan was in motion back then, but I wanted to hear from a Jeep based community that has a very friendly environment to see what opinion was.

http://www.jeepz.com/forum/general-chat/39975-jeep-shops.html

So while we still continue to look for a location in the Seattle area that fits our business plan (much more than just what I asked about), we're launching our online store. Things are setup behind the scenes already and we're launching the store October 15th. But now I want some opinions.

What kind of special should we offer for the Jeep community as a grand opening special? A winch package with synthetic cable? Bumpers?

Since we want the store to be a place for a community, we figure it's best to see what the community wants as the special!

No one wants to take a stab? I can promise you it won't lead to PM's or anything special about trying to get you to buy what you might list.. :) Should I make it a poll instead?

PIAA's are a good idea.. Winch options are definitely something we want.. Probably a Warn & another brand like Mile Marker or SuperWinch..

This shop idea is good, I'm from southern Washington so I won't get to see it much but if u can get the the funding and keep it, it will be awesome

We're starting with the online store while we scout locations that fit our business model and ideas.. Which seems to be a lot harder than it sounded. Last resort would be to fund a build, but I'd rather we didn't have to to do that to start. But thanks!

(and thanks to Washington's retarded tax law, we're doing special for Washington state customers where they pay only 7% sales tax on all purchases. We'll cover the rest.)

What is the most common upgrade people do to there Jeep?
I would think a lift,not sure everything that you plan on selling.
If you are looking for something that would be more affordable for people to buy to get you going,Mirror relocation brackets.
I hope you made up some stickers or something to give out with every purchase,cheap easy way to get your name out there.

Good factory high back CJ seats that are made thin on the backs like the original high backs so it dosen't cut down on the leg room by limiting how far it goes back. If you EVER see these factory high backs ( espcially in the spice color) on ebay they go for big bucks even when they're rough.

A factory replacement soft top, truck top for a Scrambler. NOBODY makes it!

A reasonable dip sitck/tube combo for a 304 AMC that actually fits.

Aluminum rocker guards like the originals on the CJ's.

Replacement oil slinger ( that goes in the timing cover) for the 304. Haven't found one yet.

Last edited:
I would think sat covers would get a lot of people checking, those neoprene ones. Or nice solid grab handles that attach to the roll bar.

Something that someone ought to design and sell is a rear seat relocation bracket / kit that raises the back seat an inch or two and moves it back a few inches so people sitting in the back have more room. I home made some for my kids to fit better and they have multiple holes so I can adjust where the seat is

Personally I would look at the most common failed parts and stock only top brand proven replacement parts. This would create the best base business. Realize some could be picked up at AZ, Adv, or.... O2 sensors, exhaust manifolds, track bars, bushings, adjustable track bars, ujoints.. If you are going to do lifts inform the buyer of all components required. And only stock the best proven setups.

Read the threads on parts and mfg's that don't rate and why. Don't sell a TB spacer or a performance chip.

Have real personally experienced experts to answer questions on choices and installs...

Only problem I see with moving the back seat is safety.Putting back further or up higher may result in people getting hurt worse in an accident.

I'd look for something that most people could afford.. say sub $150, and would fit on a stock Jeep. I like the ideas of seat covers and mirror relocation brackets. How about a "choose your floor" special where you sell either discounted floor liners, carpet, or herculiner / line-x?

My overall suggestion is to offer great customer support, as well as phone based technical assistance. I recently bought some parts for my boat and ended up happily paying 25% more because the company was willing to help me pick out everything I needed and hold my hand.

Perfect.. We're all Jeep guys, with experiences on just about every type of Jeep but MJ's. But they're really a hybrid of a YJ/XJ. We'll hold hands as much as needed, I have no problems with that. I'm not out to get rich, I'm out to provide a community feel. (No forum desired or ever, ever planned). We will however have links to forums that we support, so I'm hoping we can introduce more people to the community that a forum such as this provides.

Seat covers and mirror relocation brackets are a great idea. We'll probably choose 5 products that are offered at cost as a special. I'll also be posting specials weekly at a minimum in the vendor section based off feedback and what I can find the best deals on.

You could do it seasonally based. Like blower motor resistors in the fall batteries in the dead of winter, bikini tops inthe spring.

I see a lot of good suggestions, but I guess what I would like to see from a jeep shop, would be a group of parts that you can pick and choose from, making a whole package.
Take for example, a winch package, list several diffrent winches to choose from,, then add roller fairleads, winch plates then a discount if they buy the whole package.
Same thing like air pumps,tanks, lines and complete electrical, everything the custumer needs to install that package. I you offer a lift kit, make sure they know they need longer brake lines, shocks, and drive lines. Something along the lines of a knowledge base sort of thing. but a package line that they can pick and choose the parts they need but have the option to select higher or low priced options.

All great ideas. I do agree with the pick and choose package plan. Great ideas, all of them. I'll make sure there's a Jeepz special right off the start that the rest don't get.. :beer:

I see a lot of good suggestions, but I guess what I would like to see from a jeep shop, would be a group of parts that you can pick and choose from, making a whole package.
Take for example, a winch package, list several diffrent winches to choose from,, then add roller fairleads, winch plates then a discount if they buy the whole package.
Same thing like air pumps,tanks, lines and complete electrical, everything the custumer needs to install that package. I you offer a lift kit, make sure they know they need longer brake lines, shocks, and drive lines. Something along the lines of a knowledge base sort of thing. but a package line that they can pick and choose the parts they need but have the option to select higher or low priced options.

Nice idea Rough Country does something like that>they dont give a discount but do suggest the other part you should buy to complete or upgrade the kit you are buying.

Nice idea Rough Country does something like that>they dont give a discount but do suggest the other part you should buy to complete or upgrade the kit you are buying.

Yeah.. and in the case of combos like a winch plate w/ a winch, we'll add discounts for combining everything..

Back