Well, lil'bit may be out of commision

That would be a definate high butt pucker factor!!!! Man, Jason...I'm glad you're alright. Good luck with the repairs/replacement of lil' bit. Can't wait to meet you in TN this summer. Best of Luck to ya!

dude... if it goes to court, dont forget mental anguishes and hardships when trying to push them into getting that new RUBI.

Well, I am still waiting on the dang County to get off their butts and do something. contacted a lawyer today to see if I can't get them on the ball.

So far, I have noticed the following:
Axle is warped (can see the tire wobble as she moves)
When I turn right you can hear the Rear Diff Scratching at the same point of every rotation of the tire
Transmition is grinding
havn'e even tried 4-hi or 4-lo
I can barely get started from second gear anymore. I actually have to shift to 1st to get her moving.
Shifting down, that is a laugh. I can barely shift her UP without grinding I can get her to shift down but I have to force it.

I REALLY think this has basically ruined my driveline. I hate it but Lil'bit may be gone.

What a way to loose my First Jeep, Danny, why didn't you let me roll down that mountian at least then I could brag if I had lived.

"What a way to loose my First Jeep, Danny, why didn't you let me roll down that mountian at least then I could brag if I had lived."

I started to! hehehe But can't let a good Jeep Bro like yourself fallen off one of my montains! I know you love that jeep but they make em all the time and a Rubi with a few good mods would be sweet. tug

Sounds like the axle shaft itself is bent. That's why it's binding. That sucks that it got the transmission too. Take it to a Jeep dealership and get them to give you a written quote on replacement parts and labor. Only tell them that you want thme to quote the transmission, transfer case and axle out of the Rubicon as replacement parts.
To the county it will only read Jeep part numbers, not the application that the parts were made for.
The county will eventually ask you to get an estimate anyway. I doubt that they will total a vehicle if it only needs bolt on replacement parts.

Well, Their adjuster cam to see me today. he is Calling the Dealership that sold it to me tomorrow morning to set up a time for me to drop the Jeep off for all repairs or anything else that needs to be done. Those folks know me and already have a file on me and my Jeep. He asked where I want to take it and I choose there. I will have them to a bumper to bumper including the lose of power and the fan clutch ;).

also, providing me a rental for the time it is in the Shop, :) maybe I can get an 04 Rubi to play with till my lil'bit is fixed. or maybe after repairing it I can get them to pay off the depreciation and any money that I am upside down in Now since the wreck and go ahead and trade in on a lil'bit-2.

Either way the county seams to have gotten off her butt and is moving forward. YAY!!!!

::::Update::::

Warped Rim, Warped AxleShaft, mostlikely Warped Housing, No upgrade :-( but the county is flitting the bill.

to top it off they decided a Dodge Durango 2 WHEEL DRIVE would be the best rental for me :::BOOOOO!!!!:::

Hopefully I will have my lil'bit back by Next week WOOHOO!!!

PS, While there I made a new Friend and He will be checking out Jeepz and Add a 04 X with 33's and a 9500 Ti to our list of TN Jeepz week rigs :-D

Whoa! Well, at least it's not comming outta your pocket. A Durango?! Bummer. Hope you get Lil' Bit back ASAP! Awsome man! Always glad to have another along!

4Runner question

don't forget to have them replace the engine.. the main bearings are going to fail before long... that shock went all the way to the front pulley... i can almost guarantee the engine won't run another 20,000 miles before it dies, most like a main bearing will fail... and if they don't replace the t-case and transmission too, sell it fast.. it's gonna die horribly.... your whole driveline is wasted....

I don't know if I would say it's destined to die after 20k miles (maybe it is???), but anytime you get in a wreck like that it's time to sell in my book, but...

You said you are still under warranty, so I would talk to the dealer that works on it and explain that they need to go over the drivetrain. If they certify it OK, then they can't deny warranty coverage due to the accident if something does go wrong. Just a thought.

Yeah, trade in was already in the plans since they said they weren't even going to check the rest of the drive train. Seams like they would have since it broke my Fan clutch ;) :lol: :shock: shhhh don't say anything.

but I already have my eye on an 04 Rubi same color with full hard doors but they said they have one with 1/2 doors which I would rather have. 27k :( E . . . X . . . pensive.

Go for it all you have is money so spend iton the Rubi. tug hehehehee

Back