Weber Carb model

BertYJ88

Hi guys, i have a YJ Wrangler '88 258 I6...and problems with my carb! :-D
Which weber carb model do i need?
32/36DGEV
or
38DGES
thanks alot[addsig]

i have a 90 with the same motor. i just installed my weber last week. you will want to get the k551 it is the 32/36. if you didnt buy it yet quadratec will match any price you can find on the same kit. i bought mine from them then found it cheaper so they matched the difference. also check out the post entitled weber carb issues there is a awesome install document there in one of the replies. :) [addsig]

i read somewhere that i could put any of thoses models
the 38 model has better performance since it opens both throttle valve at the same time
can anyone confirm??[addsig]

If you can afford the extra cash, I would definately suggest the 38. I just recently got the 38 installed on my 82 CJ7 and WOW does it make a difference. Had a few problems with the vacuum system, but after a 20 minute call to Weber it was all worked out. I also went with the 38 due to future performance mods that I am planning. I would bet the smaller one would be just fine if you are not planning to push the motor later on, or want to save the cash. Last I checked though there was only $50 difference, and I promise it is worht all 50.

Jay
82 CJ7

edited by: Jay82, Jun 01, 2003 - 01:13 AM[addsig]

Go with the K551 but if you have strict inspection laws it may not pass because it eliminates a lot of the vacuum and emission parts. My Weber works great. My only complaint is the nice chrome air filter cover is starting to rust already it has only been a couple of months.[addsig]

Back