Vechicals that impressed me, what impresses you

prariepunk

RE: Human Evolution Explained

image-missing.png

How about this one....

http://bigjeep.com/images/bamaJon/bama.htm

Show me what impresses you....

Any one have a pic or pics of an impressive rig? Preferably built by an average Joe not a company....

RE: Re: RE: 87 Cherokee won

That Jeep looks to be plenty capable. I was talking about suspension flex only. In that regard, it isn't that impressive.

Man, just go ahead and do the dang SOA. You aren't going to go wrong either way. You got a 2" Rancho already? PERFECT!! Do a 2" SOA with the Ranchos. Their slightly stiffer spring is perfect for that setup. Use a combination of BL, shackle, and or TJ flares for any additional clearance you need for those 39s.

Timing Cover Compatability...

Junkpile said:
Man, just go ahead and do the dang SOA. You aren't going to go wrong either way. You got a 2" Rancho already? PERFECT!! Do a 2" SOA with the Ranchos. Their slightly stiffer spring is perfect for that setup. Use a combination of BL, shackle, and or TJ flares for any additional clearance you need for those 39s.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean :( . What does impress you though?

RE: Some more stroker q

some others I was impressed with or amazed by....
3465a-5.jpg

568b-5.jpg

3646b-5.jpg

4679a-5.jpg

OK this just looks like fun
2590a-5.jpg

I just DO NOT want the flex like this guy has
1323b-4.jpg

This kid won some prises for his suspension, he designed it for a school project and since then, it has received 3 awards.. best engineered, BFG new inventors contest, Design News magazine invention contest!

I'm impressed by anything that works. The original Jeep pic that you posted looks like my kind of Jeep. I like them all. I can even find things to appreciate about some of the lowered I've seen. I'm not too interested in the super flexy stuff, but that's just because it isn't the major setup concern for some of the stuff I like to do with a Jeep.

Do you have any pics of what you like :? , any others reading this.... post what vechicals you like....

2827b-5.jpg

NICE DODGE....
Main Vehicle Specs:
Year: '68
Make: Dodge
Model: Power Wagon D100 Short Box
Color: Primer Gray / Mud
Engine: 360
Transmission/Transfer Case: NP 435 divorced NP205

Modifications:
Suspension Lift: Stock dump truck springs, tall blocks, three link
Rear Axle: GMC 2-1/2 ton
Front Axle: GMC 2-1/2 ton
Lockers: Welded rear, Detroit front soon
Gears: 6.27:1
Wheels: 15x14 custom zero backspacing
Tires: 39.5x18 Boggers or 42x8 Military
Shocks: Four of 'em

Accessories:
- Hydralic front mounted winch with tube bumper reservoir
- PTO rear mounted wrecker winch

Miscellaneous Comments:
- 8'6" rear track width + 9'6" front track width = no more driving on the street
- needs hydralic steering

RE: Death Wobble? More like Horrific Murder Wobble!

Hey watch it!
That is my friends truck and that was an old matress bound for a yard sale, that we left up there for about 2 days first. We had alot of fun, I recall running around town with the matress on top. I put on my best coveralls with ripped off sleaves, and we went cruising.

The stares we got were... well....priceless.

Some people were scared to make eye contact. We had a sign on the side doors once that read " Apoke Snake Ranch"

Cheap fun.

Here are some of mine! Have Fun! LOL

------------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

FOREIGN JEEP
-------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

ALOT OF RED JEEPS!
-------------------------------------------
image-missing.png

OLD JEEP AD
---------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

NICE JEEP, NICE SNOW!

-------------------------------------------------------------
image-missing.png

WEIRD DRAWING?

----------------------------------------------
image-missing.png

NICE LIGHT BAR!
------------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

BIG JEEP, BIG ROCK!

-------------------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

MILITARY LINEUP!

--------------------------------------------------------------

image-missing.png

LAST, C-5. I have been in the Cockpit of one of these. Awesome RIDE!

RE: Progress, almost done....

I am impressed by this vehicle:

A Dodge, WW-II era "Command" car.

image-missing.png

Note the size relative to the Jeep in the background.

This military vehicle evolved into the post-war Dodge "Power Wagon" series of trucks.

Regards,

Gadget

And check out the size of the winch on that behemoth!! Those were rated to pull tanks out of mud pits, if I'm thinking of the correct vehicle specs.....

I like the Land Rover 90 series Defenders... always have. If I could afford such an expensive toy I would own one... not to wheel it just to have it. I like the old Broncos too (the smaller ones - no not the broncoII the real old ones!).

I also like 55 Chevy Nomads and big old Suburbans. Don't ask me why.
image-missing.png

9858Bronco_wiring_006_edited-6.jpg

image-missing.png

freeman_chris_1969-6.jpg

.... but this is the vehicle that impresses me the most. Why? Because it's mine now .... and in order to get it, I had to convince my wife that even with two kids (5 and 3) and a mortgage it was still "the right thing to do".

Now I just have to figure out how to convince her that a few mods (minor lift, slightly bigger tires, and quick disconnects) are also "the right thing to do."
:D

image-missing.png

Back