Tug you Wore off on me

Just rattlecan from home depo. Single stage.

I will post some more pix when I finish putting it back together. I had to fix some wireing so I did not get the fender flares and top on yet.

Make it up as you go. You will know when you have it. People do camo differant. Some do a base color and put small accents of other color. I chose large spots. You just pray in shapes and if you don't like it you spray over it with the other colors and do it over.

crawler

I still have a really good white paint job from the factory. It would probally still take a lot of convincing to get me to do it. I REALLY want to though.

I would not do it on anything that is worth money, or has a good paint job on it. I have several dents on the pass side where the previous owner layed it over and I did not want to do any body work. I also bought the CJ so that I would not have to worry about dents and scratches so I do not want to fix any body damage or I will wory about it while wheeling.

I agree on the point of do not do this to a good paint job! Man I had a primer gray ugly mail truck looking thing to start with so what did I have to loose. But if you have a jeep you plan to wheel in and it is not a really nice body Camo is the way to go. You can sand all the rust off and after 4 to 5 coats of paint it is going to be protected. Scrachs and chips are a quick stop at wally world away from being fixed. I have rust in both front fenders and it is rather bad rust but I have em camoed so you can't see them hehehe and they will be ther till they rust off or get knocked off on the trail and I have to replace them. Guess that could be called trail rated hunn! But if you have a half way decent paint job keep it. How ever now that tugly is all camoed out if I were to take a real liking to her and go for a beter paint job and new fenders at some point it would still be camo just done with a spray gun rather than rattle cans. It is not for every one but it works rather well for me. tug

Before
image-missing.png

After
image-missing.png

Problems with readers rides section?

Tug, hang on to that top man. That Sears&Roebuck hardtop is a cool piece of Jeep history.

Is that what kind it is? If not, what is it? I didn't know you could remove the side windows, that's REALLY cool.

I like they way it turned out! I want to do mine in Flat OD someday, but like Bryan, my paint is still pretty decent and I hate to put sandpaper to it!

Yup a sears & robuck top in deed. Man they are as great as tehy are ugly. never have a wet experence getting in and out via the rain gutter all around. Warm in the winter and with the sides off cool in summer and not have to set in the sun all day. I will build a rack for the top this summer if I keep it. Do not plan to ever take the top off again. No need with the wide open felling with the sides off. However it is really ugly. tug

I want that top!!

Don't be so hard on yourself, tug. If you turn your head a little and squint your eyes.....it's not really that bad looking :lol:

Information on 87' Cherokee

Do not plan to ever take the top off again

was that just a very long typo? or is a jeeper actually NOT planning on taking the top off?

Tis true! If I keep the jeep the top stays on. Sun get to hot and rain is to wet. I just pop off the side pannels and the doors and it is like having the top off with out getting to wet or hot. Plan to add a full roof rack and cables running from the corners of the top to the corners of the fender to slide under brush and low hanging limbs with ez. Just do not see the need to remove it again. tug

Snitty said:
HAHAHA Bob Ross.... WHAT other jeep discussion board on the planet... or ANY discussion board gets on the topic of BOB ROSS

Exactly!! That us why this is home. :lol:

flywheel problems on cj?

How about a nice custom camo like, red, grey, black. I am sure all those colors come in flat, then a little satin clear just to keep the runst bugs away a little longer.

I like, But I am a bigger fan of flat black! When My hotrod is done, it is going to be rattle can flat black with some sick flames!

Here's a hint for all you ratlle can painters:
To speed up the process on laying down your base color, swap the tip on the paint can with a tip from a can of Carb and Choke cleaner. The orifice is bigger and it will flat lay down some paint. You can cover some ground quickly this way.
I found this out by accident when trying to find an unclogged tip. My buddies and I painted our hunting truck (1980 3/4 Ton suburban) O.D. green. It took 14 cans of Krylon camo.

Back