Tub Question

CJKrazy

I've just bought my first Jeep and the tub is partially rusted. It has it's good and bad spots. My question is is it better to cut and patch or is it easier to just replace the tub. And if a full replacement is needed, exactly what will that run ya these days?
[addsig]

It depends on how much cut and patch you have to do, and if your handy with a torch. Also, you have to look at the project itself, does the Jeep your building warrent a new tub, or are you building something to beat the crap out of in the woods. I personally would replace the tub if i had the $$$, and to get an idea of the cost you can check out the link for the online store at the left of the screen, or if I were you, I'd check out Ebay, and see what they have there.

Welcome the world of Jeeping, and welcome to Jeepz.com. You have entered a brotherhood (and sisterhood) that will last a lifetime. It's great to have another member.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Upon further inspection, I think the tub overall is 75% rust free, I think I can manage cuttin out most of the rust. The one thing I may need to replace is the floorboard, which I saw earlier on a site would run me around $200. That and the power steering leaks, gotta fix that in the next couple of weeks. It's a beater in a sense but i want it to look decent, not like a piece of sh!t. I don't think it would be hard to replace the floorboard, any suggestions?
[addsig]

Back