Transfer Case Drop

Jeepz4Mee

I recently bought a 2" suspension lift from BDS, and there are 2 questions that I have. The bolts that are running from my transfer case pan recently rusted and broke off, so what I had to do was drill a hole right through the frame where the old bolts were. Now the new lift comes with a transfer case drop that puts a space between the pan and the frame. So here is the first question, is it necessary to put the transfer case drop in? Secondly, I bought this 2" kit thinking it came with the pitman arm extension, however, it doesn't. Is the pitman arm extension necessary on such a small lift? I have a 95 YJ with a 3 inch body lift on it if that helps to know.

Any help would be awesome
Thanks,

As an owner of a 93 YJ, I think I can answer both questions for you:

1 - Yes, you will need the TC drop to compensate for pinion angles changing due to the 2" lift.

2 - No, pitman arm will not need replacing. 2" suspension lift will not have sufficient affect on the steering angles and the body lift should have none.

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I start installation tomorow and plan to document it for future installers. I will now just need to purchase 5 8" bolts with washers and nuts to compensate for the spacers. Also, do you have any suggestions/warnings to watch out for? Any help would help, ha.

You shouldn't need the TC drop with such a small lift, I'd try it without it first. You may need it if the actual height is more than the advertised 2".

You don't need a drop pitman arm.

Back