Trans problems

waffles04

I have a 04 wrangler 4.0 Manuel trans, dose any one have this problem? It's sounds like it's going to rattle apart when it's idling in neutral the trans that is... I have been told no pun intended " it's a jeep thing " deal with it... Any one know about this or has the same problem?

Does the sound continue if the clutch is pushed in?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Jeepz

No it's only when I'm neutral, I was told it was the there is nothing that can be done, I just bought the jeep from caxmax and have had it back about 5 time because I'm not happy with it.

Any rattle while the transmission is under load (accelerating) or any other time while the transmission is in any gear?

Bacon

Nope just as smooth and quiet as can be. Under normal driving, I hit a red light drop it in neutral and it rattles, I've put a new clutch and throw out in. And still...

To a certain extent ,there will be what's considered as a normal sound coming from the transmission bell housing area however, if what your describing is a bad rattle, that may indicate a possible release bearing, input bearing or a pilot bearing failing..

The one of the flywheel bolts may have come loose and are touching the fingers on the clutch. This happened to me once and it made a terrible sound when in neutral but while in gear it was smooth as silk because the unit (flywheel, bolts and disc) were all engaged and spinning at the same speed.

Bacon

Thanks guys, I'll have to check it out when the weather breaks, I'm not about to crawl under it while it's cold. But thanks again for the input!

Back