track bar

Rubiconhd

I am running a 2" bb with V8 zj springs. Stock track bar.( axle is off center a bit) Around 45 mph I am getting a bad wobble in the steering wheel. So I checked my tie rod and drag link they feel pretty tight. Would a bad joint on my track bar or it being too short be the culprit.

It could be also with the lift tge toe and caster could have changed. The caster needs to be at the low end of tge spec while the toe needs to be high.

The short track bar could contribute to the wobble. You could either replace the trackbar with an adjustable one, or get a bracket like this:
Over Axle Bracket by JKS? and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH1
An adjustable one would be better since you probably don't have exactly 4 inches of lift.

After that I'd go with Jesse's advice and get an alignment. Firestone sells lifetime alignments - a good investment if you're going to change your suspension a few times.

2 things occurring with your wobble. Sounds like a tire balance issue is CAUSING the wobble, while a loose or worn component is ALLOWING the imbalance to escalate into a wobble.

You can't really 'feel' for worn components, have somebody turn the steering wheel back and forth rapidly while you inspect the trackbar & steering for the culprit.

thanks for the tips guys I will give em a try. Tire balance could be, I just rotated when it was really noticeable. Jks make a good track bar?

Back