Top plug that has a tube plugged in

Any chance you could upload a photo of the part?

Sounds like the PCV valve to me, but that's just a guess (and very easy to replace).
CCV. There are no PCV in 4.0
You cloud buy new gaskets or try adding an o-ring to the gasket and CCV

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson