TJ grill inserts

ZBTstang

If you look in the new Quadratec catalog (Pre-summer catalog) on page 34 they show the Billet Grill Inserts. How do these work on a TJ?!?! Correct me if I am wrong, but after you unlatch the two side hood latches you have to stick your hand in the grill to release the hood.....how would you release the hood with these in??[addsig]

So I got them jammies they look pretty sharp. If you have the hood lock then yer kinda beat..its get rid of it, or leave out a insert. Each one has two screws that old it in place. they have small brackets that pretty much squeeeze it on the grill...brackets go behind teh grill, the insterts sit on top..screw pulls everything togather. But once ya unhook the hood brackets the hood pulls up a little..ya stick yer hand in that crack to open the hood.[addsig]

If you get the billet black inserts, they have a cut out for the hood latch, At least the ones for 89-94 do. The others are if your hood releases inside the cab. :cool: :cool: :cool: If not just cut that one piece a little bit.

edited by: monsterrd, Apr 12, 2003 - 04:36 AM[addsig]

if ya cut the thing a little bit it won't sit right. I have them on my TJ, i don't use the hood lock or anything like that..i can open and close the hood fine.[addsig]

So basically to open the hood release you dont even need to stick your hand in the grill in the first place? I guess im just used to doing it that way, I am not sure if you can open the hood release by just pulling the hood up a little.[addsig]

what year is the TJ? i always open it from the crack under the hood and above the grill. i guess you can do it either way..but if ya put in the inserts get use to goin in the crack[addsig]

I saw them in the Quadratec catalog and they look like they have an open space in order to stick your fingers in and open the hood.[addsig]

Back