TJ full zip doors.....?

ZBTstang

With the spring and summer quickly approaching I know im going to be itching to take my soft top off ASAP! One thing however that ive been concerned about is rain. I like how the soft top can roll up into the back of my jeep and if it rains I can luckily find a place to put it on. However the full metal or even the half metal doors wont fit so nicely in the back with the soft top. So if it want to go around topless w/o doors in the summer I cannot go much farther than wherever my doors are.....this is a problem considering I travel to other ends of the state frequently.
So my question is this....Do full vinyl doors (zip up or whatever) exist for a 98 Tj? And if so would they be able to fold up nicely behind the back seat. [addsig]

I have found that my 94 YJ, Sandy, does not get wet inside if I have the top alone on. Unless it's really windy out, she wont get wet. You can go through huge puddles and have water everywhere and she still wont get wet inside. Try this out sometime! -Mike :-D [addsig]

I got caught a few times in the rain without my doors in my TJ. I put the top up and had the side and rear window. I didnt get too wet. I wouldnt worry too much about it.[addsig]

Well if you've got wide tires they tend to throw a little water in your face. But it's fun :-D [addsig]

bestop super door, although i dont know if it'll work w/ a factory top, but im sure it will
Reggie[addsig]

I have been wondering how everyone does that.....with spring approaching and with my new TJ :-D in the garage...I am awaiting the first warm day that I can take her top off......I do most of my wheeling at my dads farm that is about 60 miles from my house so I will need to pack the soft top with me....do most people fold the top down and pack the side/rear windows in the back with the upper doors sitting ontop of them?

I have been reading my manual and they always caution of scratching the windows and have got me spooked about stacking them in the back....is this really a problem?

Help me out with the experience here boys.....and girls...

Thanks,

Hoss[addsig]

hossenfeth....I have thrown the windows in the back under the folded down soft top plenty of times and it does scratch things up pretty good. I try to leave them at home as much as possible. I have heard some people pack jeep covers (the kind that only cover the open area) in the back and if they get caught in a nasty down pour throw that on and wait it out. Throwing the top up will be good enough most of the time. As long as you dont mind getting splattered a bit.

[addsig]

Humm....does anyone make window sacks to carry them with you. I am thinking of a felt lined bag as to not scratch the windows...maybe I can have the wife make me some...On a side note with no kids to worry about I really dont need to have the rear seat in when I go so I could pack the windows in the back where the seat would have been....[addsig]

Back