TJ flares on a CJ7

Sully

Alright, almost ready to start fitting them. A note though, on the rear flare if I run the flare the same way as the TJ(rounded arch in back). It makes the part of the flare at the back of my tub sit way to high off the tub line. So I turned it around and sits almost perfect if I turn it backwards with the tab in front. Should I run them this way? I know some of you guys have to be running TJ flares on your YJ's or CJ's. So get in here, help me out.

Are you talking about he lip on the inside of the flare? If so, cut it off with a utility knife and you can mount it wherever you want. Are you going to trim the body fro more clearance as well?
The front is a lot more difficult than the rear due to the parking light. How are you going to address that? I cut the parking light out because my fenders are cut to be almost flat on the front.

I am going to trim the body for more clearance. I am using the TJ parking lights in the front flares.

Better start with the front. The arch of the fender is a little different than the TJ flare. It will take some patience to get it on there right.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Mine are attached with self tapping screws used sparingly. I put one every six inches or so. It will leave little gap that you can see daylight through. You can find better ways of attaching them but that was my preference because I like to hit trees. You could shoot some silicone in there but that's kind of ghetto.

Make cardboard templets, this is what I did, made it a lot easier to mark and double check where I was going to cut. also, measure three times, cut once. easy way to do it right!

Back