tire rub?

TJExtreme

I bought a set of 4 Sahara TJ rims. 15x10 for a reasonable price. I have 33 x 12.50 15 tires . Will they rub? I am going to use this set of rims for offtroading. I currently have 2655 75 r15 installed on stock 15x8 rims for the autobond :)

my inexpert opinion is that they will rub if you dont have a lift. I think anything over 31 rubs without a lift.

I have a one inch lift on my YJ and aftermarket wheels 31" tires and thay rub.. my TJ with 31" tires and stock wheels no lift rubed now i have a 2" lift and it still rubs when i turn to sharp...

as long as the rims have the right offset u should b ok. if not, on ur axle housing near the lower ball joint there is an adjustment screw that acts like a "stop" to keep the wheel from turning too far... also check your break lines at full right and left, to make sure they are not going to catch on the tire.

regarless of lift, with stock rims (sahara or not), you will rub Lower Control Arms when turning lock to lock.

As far as I know, Jeep have never mass produced a 15x10 rim. The only 10" wide rim I can think of was on the SRT* grand couple years ago, but the diameter was 20" I think.

I know that 15x8 will work. I just wasn't sure if 15x10 would work. He told me that it came off of a Sahara TJ and it was 15x10.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 287
Back