The OFFICIAL Random thread

It's 40... There's about 2 inches of water in my backyard on top of the 4 remaining inches of snow... It's gonna get muddy this week

i remember starting a thread about summer or winter. I GOT A LOT OF WINTER LOVERS!!!

HOW CAN YOU LIKE COLD!!!?!?!?!

Simple. In the winter when it's cold, I can always put on more clothes to keep warm. In the summer, when it's hot, I can only take off so many clothes before visiting the judge.

It's 40... There's about 2 inches of water in my backyard on top of the 4 remaining inches of snow... It's gonna get muddy this week

Oh, yeah! Last weekend was a slop-fest at the lake!! We've had somewhere around 18" of snow/ice over the past month or so, and it had all decided to melt into a beautiful chocolate pudding-like sludge everywhere!! I pulled a full-size Chevy Quad cab out of the mud on Sunday. One of the 4 hunters asked me if I had a V8 in the Jeep....he 'bout crapped himself when I told him it was a 4-banger!!:lol:

It was 80 here and had to run the AC on Saturday, Monday got some rain,... no mud to pull anyone out of though.

Today they let a fellow employee go, a nine year veteran of the company and we all don't know why (management not talking).
For some reason I don't know why but I am very uneasy about this and this company now...

100000mi.jpg

Yipppeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple. In the winter when it's cold, I can always put on more clothes to keep warm. In the summer, when it's hot, I can only take off so many clothes before visiting the judge.

Amen! The only reason I like the summer is because everyone else likes it, and therefore more get-togethers, parties, camping trips, cookouts, etc. I also like being able to run outdoors, and hike. But the actual heat makes me feel terrible.

It's all about the Fall and Spring. Summer and Winter bite.

It's preferred to just send a virus to them. Preferably something un-traceable so the government has no ties and no way to get anyone else involved.

In the summer, when it's hot, I can only take off so many clothes before visiting the judge.
Even as a die hard conservative/libertarian, statements like this keep alive a small appreciation for some government involvement in our lives :lol:

Finally the Jeep is getting broken in, eh Mud? Here's to a couple more 100K milestones ;)

I just ::yawn:: took a nap. Haven't ::yawn:: done that in years.

Got the first few rolls of film developed from my "used" Olympus OM2n I bought for $5 from a friend this week. Man, I've missed film photography!! I was so sick of the point-and-shoot digital camera I have, and sick of taking nothing but snapshots. Finally, I'm back to actual photography, my first love. This camera is just under 30 years old, and takes better pictures than any camera I've ever owned (and I've owned a few dozen of them). Coupled with about $2000 in lenses and accessories I bought on eBay for less than $250 over the past month, I've got myself quite a nice set up.

Here are a few more pics of the eagles that were fishing behind our shop. I decided to try out a roll of the new B&W film that is developed like color film and am pretty impressed with the clarity and quality of it:

Eagle3-1.jpg

Eagle4-1.jpg

Eagle5-1.jpg

Since I took these pictures, we've had a really bad cold snap that froze the river over, and now the eagles have moved elsewhere.:(

Here are a few more pics that really demonstrate the quality of photos the old camera can take.

A couple of weeks ago at the lake:

Mackinthesnow1-1.jpg

Mackinthesnow2-1.jpg

Sonya the Wonder Dog:

SonyaDog12-1.jpg

Sunshine and Brasen 4-wheeling:

SunGrandsonJeep-1.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the camera. Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but my boss moved to another company a few weeks ago and is the General Manager there now. I'll be going to work for him there in a month or so, and so will our current lightscaping guru, Kevin. I'll be a crew leader in irrigation, and Kevin will start up their lightscaping program. My boss wants me to start taking pictures of places Kevin has installed the lightscaping stuff at so we can use it for advertising, as well as some other photography jobs he wants me to do for advertising stuff. It's good to be back!8)

Here are a few more pics that really demonstrate the quality of photos the old camera can take.

A couple of weeks ago at the lake:

Mackinthesnow1-1.jpg

Mackinthesnow2-1.jpg

Sonya the Wonder Dog:

SonyaDog12-1.jpg

Sunshine and Brasen 4-wheeling:

SunGrandsonJeep-1.jpg

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the camera. Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but my boss moved to another company a few weeks ago and is the General Manager there now. I'll be going to work for him there in a month or so, and so will our current lightscaping guru, Kevin. I'll be a crew leader in irrigation, and Kevin will start up their lightscaping program. My boss wants me to start taking pictures of places Kevin has installed the lightscaping stuff at so we can use it for advertising, as well as some other photography jobs he wants me to do for advertising stuff. It's good to be back!8)

Sparky,
those look great.
Did you shoot them on B&W film or scan them and convert them?

I love the shot from behind your jeep, that looks like a frozen lake bed.

Nice.;)

i ate lunch with a random stranger at wendys who was driving the new jeep 4 door. in the parking lot with windows rolled down. I have to say the guy driving seemed like a rich guy that wanted to look cool. but man that thing was nice.

I get gassy when I do homework. Or perhaps I eat junk while I do homework, thus making me gassy. I don't know which.

Back