Tech X2

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
On a Roll here!

Now that the fuel cell is out of the way, time to plan on teh stretch. Corrupt has the same set up, so this is very similar to what he has. This thread is about what I did to beef up the rear XJ springs.

For the front, to stretch it forward teh 5.5" I am using stock replacement Crown HD rear xj leafs. Crown is a local company to me, so I got a great price on these and didn't pay for shipping since I picked them up. They are about 1.5" lift over stock XJ springs, the spring rate is about 50 lbs/in more than a stock XJ leaf pack so it should opffset the increase weight of the drivetrain and winch.
S1033169-3.jpg

Here is how I made my home made military wrap rears
stock rear pack and extra stock main
S1033161-3.jpg

S1033162-3.jpg

cut off the small eye and open up the large eye a C-Hair
S1033163-3.jpg

S1033164-3.jpg

fit to see if the large eye fits over the small eye
S1033165-3.jpg

Re drill the center pin hole (the biggest PITA ever) and slap them together. This is just for the picture, I am going to wire wheel them, paint them and I have new friction pads and spring clamps for them. I will be only runnig two clamps per pack just to keep the leaf's straight and they will be pretty close to the axle to aid in spring droop.
S1033166-3.jpg

S1033167-3.jpg

"Crown is a local company to me" thats not fair. Looking good though.

I looked at both catalogs, they do supply them with some of the parts. The local dealer here also has their catalog for the AMC obsolete parts and parts that they no longer carry. Again, THATS NOT FAIR!!:cry::cry:

Back