Stereo Idea . . .

jeeprostyle

Not really a jeep question since im thinkin of doing it to my s-10 but i didnt know who else to ask, please dont flame . . . . I dont know if this kind of thing is possible b/c im not much into stereo or electronic gizmos but i was thinking of a prostyle stereo system for my truck. I was thinking i would put a teneau cover on my truck and laying the inside of the bed with some type of carpet. Then putting a box in the back with 2 12's facing the cab. Then on the outside of it make some custom holder on the teneau cover that folded up with a like a 10 inch tv. and a ps2 with 2 6 x9 speakers on each side of the tv. Then inside the cab have a cd/reciever, 2 speakers on the doors and 2 on the dash with possibly 2 tweaters up on the top by the doors. Have the speakers hooked up to the recever/cd player and the ps2/tv so i could play some ps2 in the local jack in the box parking lot where us cool people hang out or possibly during school . . . hehe. Not sure if something like this is possible and if it is im sure it would cost thousands of dollars, but i had to share my idea with someone and see if i was just crazy and who better to do that with than fellow jeepz.com members. If your upset b/c i want to do this on my s-10 pretend its a phat j-10 or some other jeep pick-up. . . hehe ~ Justin :shock:

~ I hope this at least entertains somebody b/c it was a lotta typing. . . . .

that can certainly be done... doing the work yourself, it would be REALLY expensive... and having someone else do it, that would be REALLY EXPENSIVE

It can be done if you have the TIME and the MONEY ....Just be carfull about the bed thing moisture is bad....:)

What it sounds like you are describing is commonly referedto as a "midgate." WHat you have to do is cut a hole in the back of the cab, and in the front of the bed, seal the two, and put the enclosure in the bed, but the sound would be directed to the cab. Can get expensive and not recomended for someone with minimal knowledge. I was a professional installer for years before I even assisted someone with this level install.

oh ya, once you have done this mod, you really shouldn't take the truck off road! too much flex between the cab and bed will tweek the bed and the box.

My friend has a lowrider silverado and he has three 12's facing the cab.But,he has holes one in the bed and one in the cab.Then he has a rubber thingy that goes from the bed to the cab covering it making it a tunnel.And yes,it is very loud! :lol: Let me say one thing,it will be at least $1000 to do what you are planning to do.

Ya I know, sully. That is a midgate, but the problem is when you flex, the part of the bed you cut, is where there is a lot of support for the front of the bed, too much stress and the bed starts to bow out. We did this mod in a 89 S-10 4X4, after about 3 trips off roaad, the bed was rubbing the back of the cab.
If you have a street truck, go for it!! bed won't flex anough

Back