Something I want......

pinaplebob

Ok, In my home town there is a CJ sitting in a guys back yard. It was been sitting there for as long as I have been living here, I have never seen it move. I've been to the door twice and they won't sell. It's enough to make me mad. I also have a hobby of hunting down old muscle cars and I run into these people all the time. They think one of two things.....
1) I'm sitting on a gold mine with my rusted out car...everyone wants it
2) I'll get that thing running someday.

It's just enough to make you mad.

I'll post a pick of it tomorrow[addsig]

there is a '69 cj5 w/ a half hard top warn overdrive and a fairly good body, right down the street from me that the guy wont sell says all it needs is a new carb.... would love to have it[addsig]

CJ7 late 70's hard top, original paint getting real fadded, body straight, Hard doors, setting under a pine tree getting all saped over. Owner a 12 year old. Has a dream to make it his first ride. Will not sell been setting under his grammys pine tree and in his dreams for 4 years.

Scrambler nice straight clean driven when it is needed by a little old man with a walker. Wont even talk about sellin it.

Gladiator setting a few blocks away just a dieing of neglect. The same ol same ol sad story "we use it to take off the garabage" we dont want to sell it.

I feel your pain brother. Tug :-x [addsig]

another thing, we got alotta sleet and i was outta school driving around in my jeep and see this ugly white thing coming at me.....it was the city snow plow, but what was special about it was that is it a m715...i almost turned around and followed it....[addsig]

Guys got a CJ-5 with a 304 in it, been sitting in the same spot for most of a decade. Won´t sell, says when he retires, he is gonna fix it up. He´s younger than I am, don´t hold out much hope, of ever getting my hands on that one.[addsig]

Sad stories, theres a guy in my neighborhood with a 75 CJ-5, it just sits in his garage. He runs in once a week, it runs pretty stong. He does minor work to it. It needs a paint job. Wait.....that guy is me! I feel for you, I was once in that same position, can only hope that one day when you ask them to sell, they owe money to the mafia. :lol: :lol: [addsig]

MY uncle has a 1950's army Jeep. It was a radiomans Jeep so it ran on 24V not 12. He stripped it down to the frame and had it dipped. We started rebuilding it, and got it to run for 1 day. My dad still has some of the parts in his garage. This all happened when I was about 10 years old. I'll be 35 this friday. THat Jeep still doesn't run correctly and. "I'm restoring it" :-x :-x [addsig]

Back