so which one is better cj yj tj

cj, but i also have one, everyone is basicly going to say what they drive, but trust me cjs are the best :-D [addsig]

They are all great. I drive a TJ, and it is the best one for me because I don't know how to work on cars, and I drive mine every day so I need something I can count on all the time, sorry to say it but air conditioning, carpet, ya know? The thing about jeeps, though, is they are like a great wine...they just get better with age. So some of those vintage jeeps out there are the best looking things on the road. Sometimes I'm jealous of those early cj-ers. They seem like hard core real thing to me. I hope to see my TJ still on the road years later! [addsig]

It depends onwhat you are looking for and how much $$$$ you have. TJs cost more but are more comfortable, fuel injected, and generally should be more reliable cause they are newer.

CJs are simpler and there is a coolness factor you get with them over a YJ or TJ.[addsig]

This is a can of worms that seems to get opened up every once in awhile. It all depends on what your personal tastes are. Tug will vouge for the fact that us YJ owners have to stick together because our jeeps do not have round (ie jeep) headlights. My response to that is the Liberty has round headlights and very few people think much of it. So enough of my rant. We have a saying in the south that goes "you got to run what you brung" Buy what you like and build it from there with your own personal touch.

Todd[addsig]

All are great! All are different! All have what it takes to get the job done. I prefer the YJ because parts and mods are ez to come by and they are really pretty straight forward. Like the man said it is all in what you like cause they are all Jeeps. tug[addsig]

the best jeep is _J (fill in the blank with your favorite letter) None are better than the other, in my opinion, anything made by jeep is an exceptable trail truck. I have seen a new KJ (stock) out trail a suzuki samari with some mod's. (the fact that the zukie's driver was a couple beers short of a 6 pack didn't help either)[addsig]

I agree that the best is what ever suits your needs. I had a YJ right outta high school, and it ran great, and took whatever I threw at it and more. I have a TJ now (Sahara, with cool pin stripes lol), and due to the fact that I'm getting old now, the ride on and off road is easier on my back lol. Some day, I'll retire the TJ to the street and work up a CJ and put that through it's paces, but again, it's whatever suits your fancy.

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Apr 24, 2003 - 04:04 PM[addsig]

WHICH IS THE BEST RIG????

The one you dream of, wake up,
re-"SEARCH", hunt down, buy,
and most importantly:::::

The best Rig is the One YOU build.

Which is better simply depends:
on what is parked in your Drive Way?

You have the entire Jeep inventory at hand.
How do you expect us to decide what might
be best for you on such a generic basis.

Do you climb over boulders, wade through
the mud, and walk on water? or do you want
to impress your buddies/chics @ Sonic?

Please advise: your intentions for your Jeep to
handle, Trail only, Trail/road, Trail/daily driver,
or WHAT?
and you will receive specific
"pearls of wisdom" from your
new friends here..

Read carefully, I hold no disrespect for you, but
think your true needs over and I'll be able to help
you much better.

Best depends on:
Purpose and Price limitations.

[addsig]

I love them all, but if I had to chose I would pick the CJ-7. Their made out of steel, they don't have stickers, and the speedometer is in the center. I do love all the decals on the CJ-5's though. I wish they would come out with the CJ agian. Oh, and you don't need to push in the clutch to start it. [addsig]

You don't have to push the clutch to start a YJ too i really like that. I have a YJ and its a good all around jeep its sort of a mix of the TJ and CJ in my opinion but it isn't as reliable as a TJ. If you look at YJs look for 91-95 so you can get fuel injection I have a 90 and I'm really kicking myself now. the carb has been nothing but problems for the last month so if you don't have the time/funds to work on a jeep every weekend get a TJ.[addsig]

No matter what you buy as long as it says Jeep on the side you've done good! But while were on the subject, I like TJ's personally only because it is newer, feul injected, and I am not a big fan of leaf springs and the TJ has coils all around...My own two cense....Romp[addsig]

HEY !!!!!!!! lol...Just for the record, you don't have to push the clutch in in a TJ either. There is a fuse (I'd hafta check the book to find out which one it is) you can pull to over-ride the clutch safty switch. Just had to jump in here with my 2 cents. lol

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Okay you can pull your fuse, but what number is the fuse for your side mirrors when you take your doors off? :lol: [addsig]

i always wanted the early c with the v8. belle's a 92 with the winking headlights, but i'm over that - actually didn't even consider that year group because i wanted round.

but, round ment no fuel injection unless i bought a new one, didn't want that either - felt it drove too much like a little car and i didn't need more car payments. if i want smoth, i drive the intrepid sxt.

but now that i've chipped all my front teeth on my coffe cup and need discoptopy surgery from driving my leaf-based rig, i'm considering not getting the hard top for the winter, but getting a coil conversion kit insted. my body's high mileage too.

i'm just tickled sh-tless to have any jeep. i drive my company cherokee all week to work and play with belle.

it's a perfect world, isn't it? at least here in florida :cool:

blue[addsig]

side mirrors ?..lost those in the woods a looooong time ago jk lol :lol:

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

Back