so let me get this straight, a pj is...

johnny7point0

I have heard the term PJ mentioned a few times but am still unsure as to what it is. So, a PJ is a jeep with air conditioning and leather seats?[addsig]

Ok, lets go over this again-

A PJ is not classified but what is on it but more of who drives it. Its more a classification for a Jeep that is neglected its true colors and is not taken off-road where it truely belongs.

Yes, leather and a/c do help point out pj's, as do other things that are 'bling-bling, phat, hot, blazin,' or other types of catch phrases. When you hear people use these phrases, don't be surprised to find out that they are a PJ owner. A PJ can be anything from a show winning jeep with 44's, whinches, lights, and insane amount of lift, ect.., or it can be the stock Jeep in your neighbors driveway. Its all depending on the DRIVER!!![addsig]

Okay im gonna get this off my chest, and probably piss alot of people on this board off.

Whenever someone brings up the topic of Tj's ive heard them often reffered too as PJ's..and you know what, im a TJ owner.
You say a PJ is someone who doesnt take their jeep offroad like it was made for....well you know what, I dont take my jeep offroad, it breaks enough driving it around town. I like it for the fact that when it comes to crappy conditions on roads, I dont have the same problems as other cars.
Im not into flashing out or lowering my jeep, or any BS like that, but even if I was, im still a jeep owner as much as anyone else on this board is. Wether your jeep has never seen dirt, or even if it has never seen pavement, youre still a jeep owner.
[addsig]

BBJ's got it right there... also remember, because a PJ is made in the driver, ANY PJ can be salvaged. take it upon yourself to sponsor a PJ today[addsig]

Another reason many TJ's are also PJ's is because many of the owners are still making payments on them, or don't want to void the warrenty.[addsig]

Yup. The warranty that should be on your jeep is you fixing it. I love working on my jeep. Nothing is better than getting away and turning a few wrenches. Any jeep that is a real jeep is going to break.[addsig]

Like BBJ said, the driver makes it a PJ. Any jeep can be a PJ. Like I said in another post it stands for "Prissy" among other things. I've seen stock Jeeps that were tougher than Jeeps that were lifted 6" and showing off their big shiny tires. Here in Albuquerque, there are 2 Jeeps running around town that have at least 6" of lift and on like 35" tires. They are always detailed and are extremely clean. They have a ton of lights, hi-jacker jack, big winches and huge bumpers. They also have at least 1000 watt stereo systems in them. These are total PJ's, they do not take them off-road. I've heard them say that they have too much money into them to wreck them.

As far as the TJ being a PJ. One, it's not limited to a particular style of Jeep. Two, I think that comes from the little YJ vs. TJ thing. See (and this is a broad generalization) TJ owners like to call their Jeeps Tough Jeeps and they call us YJ owners, Yuppie Jeeps. So YJ owners come back with, "How can a Jeep with leather seats, air conditioning and air bags be tough?" To me it's just a little ribbing between Jeepers. [addsig]

hey ZBTstang... nothing against using jeeps to drive around town and just for general transportation... heck thats what mine sees the most of. but you might just find that if you take it off-road you would enjoy it!!! theres nothing more fun than heading out for an afternoon of mud and rocks out on some old trail. and after all - jeeps are DESIGNED to go off-road and face conditions not seen in every day driving... and they excel at it. so go find some good trails and see if you don't enjoy yourself.[addsig]

I have a 78' cj5 its mostly stock, it is mostly driven on the road but during hunting season its 4WD gets plenty of work,I have pulled my dads 2WD Chevy PU a 1/4 mile thru a muddy plowed field and on the way I passed up a ford F350 4WD and boy when he made it out did he get laughed at, any way I would say I have a PJ 80% of the time.I think everybody who owns a jeep should let it off the leash every now and then. :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

I use my jeep as a on road driver during the week. And it sees nothing but off road during the weekend. I don't think of my self as a pj...but I am friends with one...who will not go boggin at all. How many times can you use the excuse "I just washed it" The sad thing is, He spend $800.00 on a winch that he doesn't even know how to use.[addsig]

No springbranch... that's no PJ.. not even 1%... you allow him to go where he was made to go. The explaination of a PJ can be much like this... A single man living in the middle of the woods alone builds a 5 bedroom house with no intention of ever having a family. Yeah it certainly does suit him for what he wants it for... He has a roof, 4 walls and a floor, stays dry, stays warm, and has a place to sleep. Many beautiful women come along and wish to start a family with him, but he refuses, and wants to live alone and will never use what he worked so hard for to its potential. Yeah, corny, but its the right idea.

Its pretty sad when people put all that money into something and will never use it. bottom line is... if its used, its not a PJ... if its capabilities are not taken into consideration, and never used, its most likely a PJ[addsig]

1. If your Jeep goes out to the detailer once a month. You probably have a PJ

2. If you don't know how to engauge your 4 wheel drive. You probably have a PJ

3. If your Jeep has no scraches or dents. You probably have a PJ

4. If you have a clean under carriage. You probably have a PJ

5. If you have never broken any major running gear parts. You probably have a PJ

6. If you have never been stuck or unable to get over an obstical. You probably have a PJ

7. If you are afraid to set on your seats in a wet bathing suite. You probably have a PJ

8. If you have never had mud on the inside of your windshield. You probably have a PJ

9. If you have never done a doughnut in your Jeep. You probably have a PJ

10. If you are wondering if you have a PJ. You probably have a PJ

However all this being said if you have a PJ and feel ok with that, good for you. More power to you. There is nothing wrong with takeing care of your things. Being carefull with your investments. I grew up with some kids that still have all of their toys and still care for the things they own. That is cool!

As for me and many others here, I broke my toys, and I wear out stuff on a regular basis. Nothing is for everyone, so enjoy the ride what ever road you take. As for me I will take the road less travled. Tug :p [addsig]

LOL Tug, #7 is great, especially since my seats ARE bathing suits. Ok, well they're wetsuits.[addsig]

i knew a guy who had almost 10 grand put into his jeep and swore up and down it would never see offroad. at the time {1986 or so} i had a 440 powered ramcharger that looked straight out of the road warrior. i thought his jeep was the biggest waste of $ i had ever seen. but now, looking back, i rember how much he loved that jeep. if it was a nice night out , he'd be driving the tires off it. so who's to say who's right. it was his money and he spent it the way he wanted, building and driving his jeep the way he saw fit. personally, i love off roading in my jeep, the more mud the better. but to each their own.[addsig]

If you think your CJ YJ or TJ is an SUV. You probably have a PJ

Tug[addsig]

Back