short problems...

89blackYJ

i have this really weird short that seems to come and go. every now and again, while driving around at night, my lights and everything that lights up inside will cut off, then come back on, then cut off again. it will do it until i turn the jeep off and let it sit for a bit. what does this sound like to yall? i was thinking it could possibly be my switch for the headlights but i dunno... any help would be awesome.

I also had that problem. My lights on the inside would cut off and all gauges blink then go all the way down to zero. My headlights however never cut off. It did this speradically then my computer shorted and after it being replaced I haven't had that problem in over 2 years. I don't know if this will help but that was my situation.

Try checking your connections to your headlights, those are pretty importante when night driving. Other than that, check the headlight switch.

I just had somthing similar except my jeep would not start and had no pwr to the headlights and such dim dash you could hardly see it. Turned out to be a bad starter solenoid.

Doesn't sound like a short, more like high resistance in the lighting system - happened to me and the high resistance WAS in the light switch - they cycle off-on-off-on... probably because the lighting breaker opens and closes as it heats up and cools LBR

Back