Selling some accessories for bigger and better things!!!!

Jeepster05

I'm planning on getting rid of some of the accessories added to my Yj before I was blessed with owning it. I'm going to try to get enough money from my brush guard and side steps to buy a CV driveshaft and SYE so I can actually do the SOA that I've been talking about for as long as I've had my jeep. Since my job really sux this seems like a really good idea. What driveshaft and SYE should I get??? Excluding shocks, shaft, SYE, brake lines, and drop pitman arm what else will I need????? and also will I need a new front driveshaft too??

You won't need a T-case drop with a SYE. You can get a Tom woods DS that is designed for a lift in excess of 6+" Advanced adapters seems to make the best SYE, the currie one is only a remanufactured main shaft, and you have to send yours in as a core.

You might need a new drive shaft. Once you have you life height, measure the "running distance" between the yokes. if this measurement is 2 inches or closer to the fully extended stock shaft, need a new one. Most DS shops can legthen your stock shaft, and rebalance it for a lot cheaper cost than a all-new unit. One thing, with this much lift, and if you plan on flexing the hell out of the springs, you might need to notch the Skid Plate (similar to a blelly up unit) so that the front DS will not contact it.

Also, you will need new perches for the springs and shocks. If you are buying a SOA kit, you will only need the shock perches. A comon problem with YJ's and SOA is that the shock will come in contact with the axle tube under compression and droop. To solve this, you need to mount the shock perch on the top of the axle tube. (If you look, factory they are on the bottom)

Johnny

I'm most likely goin to pass on the SYE and just drop the tcase. I don't have the money to do it the expensive way. Will my front DS be long enough or will i need a new one??

few things... if you have a 4.0, you can look into getting a driveshaft from a 2.5... they a little longer, due to about a 2 inch shorter trans/Tcase... but... I would not suggest doing only a Tcase drop... the SYE will be a MUCH better option... Yeah, I have done the SOA before, and didn't use the SYE.. the Tcase drop did a great job and we have never had a problem with it.... but... I still don't advise for it

Back