Satellite Plug and Play Tuners - do they work OK?

Ritt

Do these work? Looking at the Serius Sportster or Audiovox Plug-and-Play with remote tuner on a dash mount and magnetic antenna. Just wondering if they sound as well as an in dash unit. Has anybody had problems. I have an 05 Outback DD and they have a very proprietary radio. Can't use an after market.

Thanks,

My buddy has the XM radio adder and it sounds awsome. No problems ever. I am not sure what the remote tuner is? But his attenna is magnetic and he hasnt had any trouble with it either. I dont know anyone with the dash tuner but I am in the market too. Any sirius guys out there? I only know XM people and they couldnt be happier. I want to know how the other guys are?

I have the XM radio and I don't know what I did without it!! I recommend XM over Serius. The newer delphi receivers don't have the red lettering and background....it the jeep with the top off....red not so easy to see. I have the SkyFi2.

I have a SkyFi2 (XM) in my Jeep and Expedition and a Roady in another vehicle. Both sound great.

Thanks.

That's interesting that you guys like XM. Around here everyone is telling to get Serius.

When I travel for the company, my Avis rentals usually has satellite radio and man do I miss it when I get into my car. Jeep, I can't hear anything anyway.

Judge,
Because some radios are almost impossible to upgrade/change to an after market (like mine) satellite suppliers came out with a unit that plugs into your lighter and transmits the satellite stations through an FM station on your existing stock radio. Even the suppliers admit the sound quality on these aren't as good as the indash units that hard plug into an after market radio through the auxiliary plug.
http://www.xmradio.com/catalog/product_category.jsp?type=Tuner

RE: 15" wheels on discs made for 16" wheels

With the seperate tuners such as the SkyFi, MiFi, Roady, and Commander from XM you can use a wired FM Modulator, wireless FM Modulator, or a direct connect using aux-in on your radio with a cable such as these. This is also possible on the Sirius tuners. The direct connect would sound just as good as a replacement head unit with XM built in. The FM options may have a reduced quality if there is a radio station near the one you chose to modulate on. I use a wired FM Modulator, but my brother uses a direct connect, both sound fine to me... but we don't have any radio stations around 88.1 which I chose to modulate on.

I personally chose XM due to their better content in my opinion. Some choose Sirus for the same reason. I suggest using the free 3day trial from XM and a 3day trial from Sirius and see what one you like better.

I own XM and Sirius stock, so as long as you buy one or the other, I'm happy.

Back