Rubicon Questions

TJoffroad00

Recently we have had some bad hail storms in the South. I looked in the paper today and a guy who owns a Jeep dealership has gotten autorization to sell all his vehicles at 48%of their value from his insurance agent.Supposedly the damage is very small. Well i look at all the cars in the pictures and there is a 03 Rubicon. Well below it the price reads 19,900 and it is crossed out like all the other prices under the other cars. Well after the 48% dicount the price is $9,552. Well there was no question that I would buy it if they still had it. My question is can i take all my lift and tires off my 00 TJ and transfer it to the Rubicon and take the Rubicon supension and transfer it to the 00? Also would it be alright to run 35s w/ the Rubicons 4.11 gears? Also I wouldnt need to take my SYE off the 00 would I? I belive the Rubicon dosent need a SYE. But would it need my CV shaft w/ 6 inches? I know its a lot of questions but thanks for any help.[addsig]

hell, where are you, ill buy it for less then 10k[addsig]

I was very carefull not to reveal my location so no one would go out and get it before me. I guess you could look on my profile but it isnt in the same city anyways. Sorry I found this one not letting it go.[addsig]

if your lift is a biggie... then i don't see why you would not need the sye, i havent been informed of any advantages the rubicon has in that area. yeah, you can transfer the suspension over, a tj is a tj, a rubicon just has extras... 4.10 will work for 35s on a 6 cyl[addsig]

I read something at Jeep.com about a slip yoke collar on th rear driveshaft. Would this be the same thing as a slip yoke?[addsig]

Why would you even want to do this. A brand new Rubicon with a warentee, Man just set down in there and drive it till you are out from under all that protection. tug[addsig]

The Rubicon has a fixed yoke rear output on the transfer case, no SYE needed.

Don't know if your suspension lift will work or not, call the manufacturer or retailer of your lift and check.

You can run 35" tires with the 4.11 gears, just not as quick on the highway. The 4:1 transfer will help run the big meats offroad.[addsig]

Why would you even want to do this. A brand new Rubicon with a warentee, Man just set down in there and drive it till you are out from under all that protection. tug

Since this is "damaged" goods and is going for such a low price I highly doubt the factory warranty would be honoured...[addsig]

so are you gonna buy it, and by the way, in another post you told where you live so you might want to edit that clubs in southeast reply[addsig]

No good anyways went to the lot and looked and they had sold it this morning. Oh well guess ill just make mine bigger.[addsig]

Back