Rubicon Build on Spike TV

jpaj88

Next week on Spike TV on the TRUCKS! show they are going to build up a Rubicon. Didnt show what they are going to do, but sounds like it would be cool to check out. I think its on Saturday during the day.

-Joe

Thanks for the heads up!I will be sure to check it out.

thanks for the heads up..i am putting a tspe in the VCR right now! hope it is on sunday as well. ( i have to work tommorrow)

According to my digital cable box - TRUCKS is coming on at 1:30PM next saturday on spike - 1-17 - just set my DVR - cant wait!!

I turned the channel right before the previews! Unfortunatly I will have to tape it cause I'm going wheelin that day!!!

redrooster said:
They will probably put on a tonneau cover and a bug screen.

HAHA, I hope not. Id like to see them test it out on a trail after too.

That dude stacy usually beats the bag out of the things he builds.

jpaj88, I will be wheelin in western mass on saturday, interested?

I would love to go, but I work on Saturdays. Whereabouts are you going in wester Ma.? Not sure if I could keep up, Im still stock for now and am still an offroad noob.

-Joe

can't wait here i'll have to pry the remote from someones fingers i'm sure but i'll find a way to watch it Thanks 4 the heads up!!

jpaj88

check out the event page if your ever interested, we always post our rides in there, or check out my clubs site!

CAMP JEEP

I just watched it today, Sky Jacker 4" Long arm kit with 35's on a wrangler X. it looked sweet and he was very good about showing the install, but the X comes with the d30 and 35 axles with the 3.xx gears... he brings that up but all in all, it was awesome the way it looked. i checked the website and apparently for the next 2 saturdays, they will continue to build up this jeep. i cant wait to see the rest of it the build; too bad they dont offer dvd to order like discovery channel does

i seen it too....i was going to go with a long arm kit on mine..good thing i didn't..i have NO idea how to weld. i didn't catch them do a SYE on it anyone else check that?

looking for web-site and info on engine swap?

no SYE. welding is a key skill for any jeeper, if you can turn a wrench, you can learn to weld. i think they'll take care of drive train issues in the upcoming episodes (hopefully).

mainly no welding experience of any sort except seeing step by step instructions on the history channel. Would need a welder and i'd weld everything i can get my hands on

Body Lift Questions

i learned in a fabrication class in high school... i welded a 14 piece angle rack for my bass guitar amplifier out of 1/4 square steel... this led to custom bicycle frames and some junk metal sculptures... i wish i was gettin dirty with some fab on my yj, but i cant find a metal supplier around here. i want to make some custom storage boxes.

red89yj - Any iron railing fabricator will sell you metal. Most have plenty of scrap they will let you have if your not a regular nusance.

what about sheet metal and tubing? i wanna make some rubicon style rocker panel/side steps

Back