Rolled My baby 3 times over last weekend... (Pics)

Jeepin91

Well, on our last trip to Sqaw Mt. Road (Promitory) in Oregon, I rolled my Baby about 3 times over sidways down a VERY steep hill. It was a sad day... I am on the search for a new YJ now. Im going to transfer EVERYTHING off of my big boy to the next one. I have some pics of the damage... Wish I would have been wearing my seatbelt! Im alright though[addsig]

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png
[addsig]

That so truly sucks! I am just glad you are ok. Build it back bigger and better than ever. That was one sweet looking Jeep! Luck to you finding a new baby Tug :-( [addsig]

Damn dude....sorry you rolled your jeep. I am glad to hear you are ok. Doesn't really look THAT bad though...a little sheet metal work and a new cage would probably have you rolling (on the tires that is hehe) again in no time assuming the running gear wasn't hurt. If it was me I would lower that thing a little though. Maybe just take off the body lift and the shackles. For the tires you have on there you really don't need that much lift. Too much lift causes you to roll MUCH more easily. More lift looks cool but less is much safer IMHO.[addsig]

Glad to here your OK also. Great looking Jeep but does appear to be top heavy........Bullet[addsig]

Wow,at least your jeep protected you like it should.Glad your ok. Later :wink: Sully[addsig]

so you've got 7" on what are those 35's? that thing looks TIGHT[addsig]

:-O Wow, you've got a ton of lift on your Jeep. Glad you are ok. You gotta hate putting all that time into your Jeep and having to start over. If you build another one or repair the YJ I'd lower it a bit. Good luck to you.

Casey Teague
1973 CJ5

Page title:Justjeeps.jeepz.com[addsig]

Glad that you're ok! There's a good reason to get a set of 4 or 5 points.

AND USE THEM. What were you thinking, not wearing your seatbelt. Here's your sign :lol:

Look up 'Center of Gravity' and use it to your advantage. Don't try to beat gravity, you obviously lost. In all seriousness, glad your okay, and hope you learn from it.[addsig]

Good to hear you made it back from the trail in one living, walking, talking piece. I agree...it doesn't look as bad as I would have pictured...even though the camera adds 15lbs. :lol: Good luck in fixin' or huntin' for a new toy.[addsig]

wow you have a lot of lift! :)

sorry about the rollover! i'm sure you'll find a way to bounce back quick... [addsig]

From the looks of it, you built it well. A little taller than I would have gone. But it sure enough held together well. Like a few mentioned, next time a four point (or five) maybe strengthen the roll bar some by the windshield.
Look it over, see what could be done better or strengthened, and build you a new one.

Sure glad your in one piece, but I´ll bet you hurt all over for awhile, been there.

Just a footnote, my brother rolled one, the seatbelt failed, he got flung out the door and the Jeep rolled over him. He was really in a hurt for awhile and his back never did get better.[addsig]

Yeah, 4point seatbelts are deffinetly going in the next YJ! That probably would have helped. I made it out with only a few cuts about 1 inch long. Got lucky. The next one isnt going to have the body lift. With 12" of lift I can still clear 38" tires and thats all I want. Hope everyone out there sees that you CAN ROLL and it sucks. I learned a leasson I hope maybe some other people with a lead foot will learn one also.
Justin[addsig]

I hate to hear that hope your okay and you had insurance ......just take more from the insurance and build it back better...........Remember ....JEEPS ARE BUILT NOT BOUGHT :-O :-O [addsig]

Yeah. Im on the search for another stock 4.0L and Im gonna swap EVERYTHING out into it after I total mine out and buy it back. Then start again. And it will be bigger and better!!![addsig]

Back