Rearend feels like it shifts when changing gears??

TJ_Jeep

Well this all started when I installed my skyjacker lift on my wrangler with 37s. My question is what would make my jeep feel like the rearend shifts over when I change gears, its like the rear end kicks to the left I haven't installed the sway bar links front or rear because they were missing in the box (there coming tho). Would this cause that? Other than that it drives fine on the road. Any help is appreciated

Swaybars should go a long way to making it feel stable (mainly in turns though), but I don't think that's the problem. The trackbar should keep the axle located under your Jeep. Did your new kit come with a trackbar bracket of some sort, or a new adjustable trackbar? I'm assuming with 5 inches of lift you aren't using the stock one.

It's also not a bad idea to check the torque on your control arm bolts.

Swaybars should go a long way to making it feel stable (mainly in turns though), but I don't think that's the problem. The trackbar should keep the axle located under your Jeep. Did your new kit come with a trackbar bracket of some sort, or a new adjustable trackbar? I'm assuming with 5 inches of lift you aren't using the stock one.

It's also not a bad idea to check the torque on your control arm bolts.

the lift came with a relocation bracket, ive watched it in the mirror as i shift and the wheels don't move at all just the jeep

the lift came with a relocation bracket, ive watched it in the mirror as i shift and the wheels don't move at all just the jeep

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean that you can see the body shift over the axle (the tire appears to either stick out more, or pull under the fender flares more)?

If that's the case then I'd think that your track bar was the problem. Did your bracket come with two bolts to hold it on, like the one I used here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/product-...ountry-rear-trackbar-bracket-wrangler-tj.html

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean that you can see the body shift over the axle (the tire appears to either stick out more, or pull under the fender flares more)?

If that's the case then I'd think that your track bar was the problem. Did your bracket come with two bolts to hold it on, like the one I used here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/product-...ountry-rear-trackbar-bracket-wrangler-tj.html

The bracket that came with had only one bolt hole, now the front had 2. Its more like a body roll feel, which had me thinking the sway bars.

Figured it out. When I got home I had my roommate shake it while I watched underneath and turns out that the bottom bolt of the track bar bracket was loose. Looks like I forgot to tighten it. Whoops

Back