Quotes that you like

prariepunk

1950 cj-3a for sale

"I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band..."
-- John Entwistle (The Who's Bassist)

"Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Without music, life would be an error."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - that is the sum of good government."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

---All Thomas Jefferson

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

All where Quoted by
- Albert Einstein

" When I was born, I was black. When I grew up - I was black. When I go in the sun - I'm black. When I'm cold - I'm black. When I'm scared - I'm black. When I'm sick - I'm black. When I die - I will still be black.
You white folks . when you're born - you're pink. When you grow up - you're white. When you go in sun - you're red. When you're cold - you're blue When you're scared - you're yellow. When you're sick - you're green. When you're bruised - you're purple. And when you die - you're gray.
.....So who you are callin' colored folk's???"
-- A wise Black Man/African American

Sunday Night Chat

Those who would sacrafice essential liberties to purchase a little temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security - Ben Franklin

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry
Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.

Thomas Jefferson

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.........Al Gore

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country. ....Teddy Roosevelt

You can grow as much corn on a crooked row as on a straight one...Jerry Clower

For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks......Jesus

"You can run from all the memories, but never get that far, for in the end, they'll find you, for this is who you are..." - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

"Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde" - unknown source

.. a couple of my proverbs...

"Try to knock me down and you just may succeed... Try to hold me there and I promise you will bleed."

"Scars show that you made it far enough to heal."

Can't forget...

"And shepards we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti"
- Boondock Saints

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
Ben Franklin

A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle. Patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
George William Curtis

I do not fear death, but the manner in which I die
-- Unknown (to me)

I do not agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
-- Voltaire

You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish...........Tom Waits (I think)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...........Tom Waits

I wish you don't do like I do...and ever fall in love with someone like you............from "Wish You the Best - John Prine

Workin' on CJs

Why get married and make one man miserable when I can stay single and make thousands miserable?

Back