Quotes that you like

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -- Unknown

It is the province of knowledge to speak and it is the privledge of wisdom to listen. --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. by Pablo Neruda

Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. by Hans Christian Anderson

A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart.
by William Shakespeare

After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on - have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear - what remains? Nature remains. by Walt Whitman

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan

..and who could forget what Reagan said to Nancy after being shot:

Honey I forgot to duck

Oh, heck... I love so many of his quotes...

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ronald_Reagan/

Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together. - anonymous

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works. - anonymous

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.- anonymous

Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - anonymous

Anonymous is the wittiest, most profound individual I have ever known.

It's only illegal if you get caught. -- My Grandfather Bryan Colaw Harold, Linn County Sheriff 1967-1971.

Every day above ground is a good day. -- Same grandfather.

Git-r-done. -- tug-n-pull, Jeepz.com.

How is a man supposed to get a 3 inch @#%*#$ out of 6 inches of arctic clothing? -- Sir Perry in his log while searching for the north pole.

dont forget: "75% of the Earth is covered by water.... JEEPS cover the rest!"

and "Illigitimus non carborundum est" (dont let the B@st@rds grind you down!) - the IOOB M/C club motto (International Order of Old B@st@rds motorcyle club - Desert Tribe, Las Vegas, NV) - the club i used to ride with....

"I'm Big, Slow and in YOUR way!" my truck driving motto....

get it done, and do it right.
^^^ive been living by that one for a while, it keeps me motivated

if you dont like, change it, otherwise quit bit&%*ng

Last edited:
Give a man a match and he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll stay warm for the rest of his life. -- unknown

Some days you're the bug, other days you're the windshield. -- unknown

"Do not practice magic You do not understand"
from the indain in the cupboard

"It's Hip to be Square"
Huey Lewis and the News

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you ever have time to go back and fix it?" (from a poster on the wall of my history classroom)

" "
- Anonymous

"The quicker you get behind, the more time you have to catch up."

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them. Aristotle

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over. B Franklin

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all. Sam Ewing

Son, you are not stuck. The problem is you are not moving...
Fellow AZVJC'er on Lower Terminator commenting on my Jeep

"knowledge is worthless without talent." from one of the greatest thinkers on the jeepz.com forum... ME

"If I had 10 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend 9 hours sharpening my axe."
--Lincoln

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
--George W. Bush

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."
-- Jack Burton (Played by Kurt Russell) in Big Trouble in Little China

And of course, from my sig line:

"Quoting one's self is the ultimate in pretentiousness and egotism." -- Me

(Jeepless, I'm not ripping on your quote, I really did had this in my sig line for years)

Back