Problems in My Jeep, maybe fuses? Need help

pezzo33

Ok, so encountered two problems.

1. My horn does not work

2. interior dash lights dont work (although all other lights do).

no, I am thinking fuses. I looked at the fuse box under the dash, and none are labeled for what my problem is. I pulled a few out, but they are all good. So I am not sure if it is the fuses, if someone can lead me to a diagram on which one to pull.

any other ideas?

thanks
BArry

PS: Thought of another problem. I have a rattling, wisteling coming form the front right wheel. Gets worse when in 4WD. noise goes away when I brake, but brakes are good. any ideas?
thanks

they are labeled on the under side of the cover... The horn fuse should be a 10 amp minifuse next to the horn relay on the side closest to the engine....
atleast on my YJ it is..... what type of jeep?

oops, sorry it is an 89 YJ

the fuse box has no cover, it is just mounted to the firewall. they are all labeled (or most are), but none of the labels say dash or horn :?

Barry

also, my dash lights on my YJ got blown once my by cigarrette lighter...

Pick a fuse, pull it, check it, replace it, or replace with a new one. Then pick another one do the same till you fine the bad fuse. tug

'96 4.0 ZJ stalling problems.

If you have a cheap 12Volt testlight (if you don't, go buy one - they're less than $10), you can easily find out what fuse is blown, if any, whether they're labeled or not and without having to pull them out. Ground the alligator clip, then touch the point to each contact on the top of each fuse one by one (you should see 2 metal contacts on the top of each fuse). Both sides should light the light. If only one side lights the test light, there's your blown fuse. Once in a while a fuse will be blown and not look it and this is the quickest and foolproof way to check them.

I have had 5 jeeps (counting my dad's scrambler) and the horn has only consistantly worked on one of them. Try checking the connection where the wire goes onto the horn, and you also might not be getting contact under the button. As for the dash lights, try running the dimmer switch for the dash lights (on your headlight switch) up and down a few times. Sometimes you get a little corrosion build up on the switch and it keeps your dash lights from coming on.....(All of this obviously AFTER you check the fuses)

:x Hello
My 2001 TJ is doing the SAME thing. Tonight I was driving and ALL of my cluster lights and dash lights went out? I checked ALL fuses, no bad ones? If ANY one could help, please do, thanks.

Speedometer change... 2

Sounds like the light switch is a great place to start troubleshooting LBR

I don't know about the YJ, but when I bought my '99 TJ I had a problem with everything (lights & gauges) on my dash going out. There is a technical bulletin out for it. My warranty took care of it. Try calling this number 1-800-853-1403. You can also go to www.jeep.com and click on "contact us" (bottom right), then click on "I need RECALL OR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION INFORMATION." You can enter the last eight digits of your VIN # to see if there is anything.

I don't know if this will help, but it might.

Back