Plastic Radiators? What were these people thinking!

jeeperwilly

My radiator is shot and I'm looking at replacing it with a metal one. Does anyone know where I can get a metal radiator at a good price? Oh, and has anyone swapped a radiator out of 4.0 into a 2.5? I was wondering if everything lines up. Well if anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks, Paul[addsig]

How bad is your radiator? Is it totally trashed (the fan ate it) or is there a hole in there someplace or on the plastic? After careful cleaning and roughing, I´ve repaired some pretty extensive damage with Lock Tite intake manifold epoxy. The first fix I did, was just to hold me, until I could find a relacement. The replacement is in the garage and the repair has been on the radfiator and in the Jeep, for about five years. Even if you buy a replacement, fix the old one as a spare, if possible.[addsig]

I replaced my radiator about a month ago. I went to www.jeepradiator.com and picked out a brass

core for my 97 TJ 2.5L Manual. I had trouble with the website (because of my computer, not their

site), so I called them. They'll be able to tell you what configurations can and can't be done. Also,

overnite shipping is the default for $9.

They *only* sell radiators, so they really know their business, unfortunately, you'll have to go

someplace else to get thermostats, hoses, etc.

It worked out really well, I got it the next day, and dropped it in that afternoon. Just make sure

to specifiy if you have a manual transmission. I forgot to and they sent me a radiator with the fittings

for the auto transmission fluid. Instead of returning it (I was in a time crunch and it was my fault for not

specifying), I just capped the fittings. It works great, I'll have to see how it does in the heat of summer.

Cooper.[addsig]

My wife 98 TJ radiator when bad. When I tried to get a radiator shop to boil it/clean it, the plastic caps wouldn't seat back so I had to trash it. Long story short I ordered one from www.radiator.com (Maybe the same site as www.jeepradiator.com already mentioned). I purchased a 3 row all metal. Got it quick and it fit perfect. [addsig]

Thanks guys, I'll look into these tonight.

Paul[addsig]

Back