NO balls

heres a little link that well tell you how fast your actually going with oversized tires.....theres nothing wrong with the stigma of YJs not being abale to go that fast....if i ever get pulled over for speeding im going to tell the cop that my jeep cant go over 45mph or my speedometer lied to me :lol:
http://www.bncoffroad.com/ratio/

extremeYJ said:
heres a little link that well tell you how fast your actually going with oversized tires.....theres nothing wrong with the stigma of YJs not being abale to go that fast....if i ever get pulled over for speeding im going to tell the cop that my jeep cant go over 45mph or my speedometer lied to me :lol:
http://www.bncoffroad.com/ratio/

Ya, I had the speedo re-calibrated and 45 was my actual MPH.

hi_c said:
Time out. We're all looking at the problem wrong. He's got 33's. I bet the speedometer gear was never replaced. Keepkool, you're probably doing about 80, but your speedometer is only reading 60. To fix that, you can re-gear you speedometer ($10 mod), or you can regear you axles ($1000 mod, if you don't do it yourself). The latter is the proper fix and will definitely be worth it, but it's costly, as you can see. To verify your actual speed, have one of your friends with an unmodified vehicle drvie in front of you and you follow him. Tell him to hit 60mph and hold steady. Then you'll see that 60 on his speedometer looks like 45 on yours. Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary.

Basically, your 4.0 shouldn't be going that slow, even with 33's unless you've got other problems (like a plugged catalytic converter). But if you can get up to 3500 or 4000 rpms in other gears, you don't have cat problems.

corey

That's probably part of it, but the difference in the readings shouldn't be over 15 mph. More like 5-7.

How to lift it?

actually i got mine recalibrated when i was runnin 33's and at 50 i was doin 60, its a progressively increasing thing. at 30 i was pullin 33 and at 60 it was 72ish

If you got it recalibrated correctly, your speedo should say the the correct speed. I carried a GPS with me in my Jeep after I had it done and it was very accurate with the 33's. If yours was recalibrated, was it ever accurate at any speed? It should be, otherwise you got screwed big time.

Umm... Have you also checked the condition of your air filter? It wont make a huge performance gain but when mine was completely clogged with grass and wheat (dont ask) I could barely get that thing up to 70. Put a K&N in her and I was popping wheelies up and down the street! Ok, not wheelies but it made a huge difference.

Back