new jeep followed us home

superj

IMG_20130809_172741_zps78d6a3ed-1.jpg

Cristina bought a 76 cj5 today for 1700 bucks. We brought it home and started tinkering with it and once we got fuel through the line and to the pump, it started right up. The rear end has a locker in it or it someone welded the gears. It has a three speed transmission and the front end doesn't turn when its in four wheel drive.

This sucker is so fun. I drove it down the street and it starts and stops fine. Second gear doesn't shift down though, at all. Going up, fine. Oh well.

Should this jeep have a 232 or a 258?

Also, all the gauges work but the tach and the odometer is reading only 35k miles. It has been a ranch truck its whole life so I guess those miles are possible, barely.

Its got a lift, 3" I guess. Its got some mud terrains on it too. The lights came in a bucket so I have to book them back up.

All in all, I think its a good deal

I'd say that's a great deal, assuming there is more metal than rust (I don't think that's possible on the east coast though)

congrats.

This one was somewhere in south Texas for a while and then somewhere in central Texas. Its got a little rust but the frame is solid and almost rust free.

Yup, it is a 258. It had a one barrel in the past but someone swapped a carter two barrel on.

Back