Need some A/C help

nanaeight

Yeah, I know everyone's thinkin' "What do you need a/c for..just drop the top". Well, tha's fine for about 90% of the time, but when it rains AND it's hot, a little a/c would be nice. Here's the prob:

The blower, a/c and everything work fine, except for the "door" that changes the vents. Right now, the air only comes out the side vents and not the two middle vents above the console. I can get a new door cheap (if I even need one), but spending $300.00 to replace turns my stomach. C'mon guys help me out. I've pretty much explored the entire dash area and can't seem to figure out where it is or how to get to it. Any ideas....

:-? [addsig]

Yeah, I found the problem. Turns out the plastic pice attached to one of the cylinders for that switches the vent doors is broken. It broke off onto the vent itself, so it looks like I'm stuck right now until I can figure a way out to hand crank the vent door into the position I want it. On the plus side, I did find a pair of my wifes sunglasses she had "lost". Apparently, they fell behind the glove compartment. At least SHE'S happy! :-x [addsig]

Back