Name Your Dream Car (or Rig)...Money's No Object

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

Yeah, but I'm a Chevy guy almost exclusively. I can appreciate horsepower in any form, but if given a choice between a banged up '67 Camaro with great potential or the Hemi Cuda I'd choose the Camaro any day. It was my first car and probably my first true love. You can't beat that. My brother is currently building one that's no joke. It's got a TPI 502ci crate motor pushin 530hp. 13" Baer discs at each corner, 700R4 4spd auto, Moser Racing posi rear-end and a complete aftermarket tubular front end. There's a lot of other goodies in it I can't think of right now. I would bet the car could lay 100' of rubber without breathing hard. And I raced a brand new standard option Vette with it. Once I could get the car to grab asphalt (at 50mph) the Vette quickly disappeared in the rear view mirror. Of course he's single, doesn't pay any rent and works all the OT he can get and has no bills other than his car.

I'll take a ferrari 360 Modena up on 53" tractor tires and 5 ton, top-loading Rockwells with rear steer.

Wait, there's no limit with the money? I'll take 10 ton axles instead please.

88Wrangles said:
I'll take a ferrari 360 Modena up on 53" tractor tires and 5 ton, top-loading Rockwells with rear steer.

88: How could you!!!??? :shock: The Ferrari police would come and arrest you...right after I report you and show them where you live. I'm sure they'd show no mercy in such a case...especially with me egging them on. :D

Mingez: I was wondering if that Lambo atrosity was even real. I'm saddened to hear that it apparently is. I'm surprised Lambo could have even birthed such an abomination. Lambo's never did anything for me though...I'm all Ferrari.

Actually, I like some of the American classics too....along with some of the 50's and 60's Porche's. Sad thing is, I don't know the years or models of the ones I like, but I know 'em when I see 'em.

I'll still take a Ferrari anyday, the next day, and each of the three days after that...two if it's a Sunday. I regularly drive right by the local Ferrari dealership but haven't gotten the courage to go in yet. I'm afraid I'd turn into a blithering idiot. Okaaaaay, so maybe it's too late to prevent that :) but as soon as I find a spare $200K I will be soooo there. :wink:

SpecialK, you have to admit it would be sweet. I would keep the body and everything real nice still. I wouldn't trash it....I love Ferrari's!!!!

RE: built sb Chevy v-8 problems Help!!!!

88Wrangles said:
SpecialK, you have to admit it would be sweet. I would keep the body and everything real nice still. I wouldn't trash it....I love Ferrari's!!!!

Well, okay. <grumble>

Maybe I'd hold off on calling the police...for a minute anyway.

Just this morning at Quik Trip I saw a 70's model Camaro on 36's with 4wd!!!! The bottom of the doors were at least 2 feet off the ground!!!

jps4jeep:I never liked the judge. I think they are butt ugly. But the regular GTO's are just beautiful. One of my favorite muscle cars of all time.

bchcky:I like them cuda's. They are very FAST cars.

jumppr:My family is a chevy family also. Dodge is a nuetral, ford is so-so. Not really a fan of fords but those old mustangs(in particular the one steve mcqueen drove in "bullet")had such nice lines. The fastbacks look so cool, but so many people have mustangs that I wouldnt want one. Same goes for the camaro.

Mingez:I hope your kidding about the lambo.

For me I cant have just one.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

RE: Side visors for YJ?

Sully said:

I certainly do too. But Mingez, just in case you weren't kidding, simply pretend I said: "Wow, that's really, uhhh, cute" instead of what I really said above. Also, ignore any incidental studdering and the sour pucker I'd have on my face while saying it. Said expression would be due to something other than the ummm, vehicle, that I would happen to be referring to at the time.

RE: Re: RE: Re: Time for the Tourney!

Jumppr if you could do without a Chevy, go to Pontiac with the Fiero. They're pretty cheap, and use the money from the vette savings fund to put in a 350 in a Fiero and you have a fast/light car with plenty of power.

Four wheel drive not engaging

Special_K said:
Mingez: I was wondering if that Lambo atrosity was even real. I'm saddened to hear that it apparently is. I'm surprised Lambo could have even birthed such an abomination. Lambo's never did anything for me though...I'm all Ferrari.

I'm so surprised that everyone is more offended by the Lambo even more so than the Pinto. The Pinto is proof positive that during the 70's design sense faltered...BAD.

As for the Lambo, yeah, of course I was joking. But atleast it had a gun turrent, and was a 4x4.
Here's more info on that horrible auto:
http://www.forbes.com/2002/01/14/0114vow.html

My dream autos:
A Toyota FJ40--
6720FJ40201st20day20out20left20fronts-4.jpg

and an Early Bronco--
image-missing.png

RE: Side visors for YJ?

Special_K said:
Sully said:

I certainly do too. But Mingez, just in case you weren't kidding, simply pretend I said: "Wow, that's really, uhhh, cute" instead of what I really said above. Also, ignore any incidental studdering and the sour pucker I'd have on my face while saying it. Said expression would be due to something other than the ummm, vehicle, that I would happen to be referring to at the time.

And don't be afraid to break open the thesarus to find an alternate adjective to "cute." :wink:

RE: Nothing really to do with a jeep....

mingez said:
Special_K said:
Sully said:

And don't be afraid to break open the thesarus to find an alternate adjective to "cute." :wink:

Touche'!! :lol: :lol:

Okay so you got me there. I have to admit I hesitated on that word, but I was too lazy to change it...such hard, grueling work that it is. And there is a subtly deameaning component to it...not that I would intend to demean such a piece of......work?

RE: Re: RE: Re: Time for the Tourney!

"There are some pluses and minuses to an early version, like this 1986 example. It's more potent than the later '80s cars--with carburetors rather than fuel injection--but the early cars had their fuel tanks formed as part of the back seats, and gasoline fumes tended to fill the car." How pissed would you be if you dropped 6 figures on an SUV and the damn thing let of gas fumes throughout your ride.

RE: Re: RE: miss me?

nola, i almost posted that instead, thats a close second for me behind the cuda. gotta love classic american muscle.

MerkL said:
Jumppr if you could do without a Chevy, go to Pontiac with the Fiero. They're pretty cheap, and use the money from the vette savings fund to put in a 350 in a Fiero and you have a fast/light car with plenty of power.

Plus, you used to be able to get a body kit that made them look just like lamborghinis or ferraris or something exotic like that. I can't remember, but I know it existed.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

I never understood the body kits for the fieros. I wouldnt want a lambo or ferrari if it didnt drive like a lambo or ferrari. Those kits arent cheap either for the extra cash pick yourself up an american muscle like the vette and actually get some quality driving experiences.

I have 4 dream vehicles.....

1. Old Mustang Boss 428 Cobra Jet either red with black accents or yellow with black accents....my dad used to have a 69 Mach I with a 390 Cobra Jet.

2. I really like the BMW M3 convertables.

3. My dream truck would have to be a Ford F-350 crewcab on 38" swampers.

4. A jeep or course. Totally done out for extreme rock crawling.

Oh ya, and a nice 60 foot yaught with a hot tub on board.

Back