mud gaurds on a JEEP?!?!?!

nolio

Hello I have been a member for a couple of months though this is the first post I have made. I really enjoy/love my jeep just as much as I enjoy reading ya'lls posts.

Although I am new to the jeep world (about 3,000 miles new) I have already come across my first dilema. I recently ordered a set of molded front and rear mud gaurds for my jeep because I thought that they looked cool. Well a fellow jeep owner (hard core trail rider) told me that mud guards had no place on a jeep and that I needed to take them off.

So I figured I would ask ya'll what you thought about me putting molded mud gaurds on my jeep.

personally, i think that mud flinging around on a jeep is a really good thing... but... as long as you are not taking away from the capabilities of the jeep, you're doing just fine.... i have a huge rear bumper which wont allow me to roostertail mud around... we sometimes like to go up to our mud spot and spray each other.... i can't do it because i have something catching all my mud.... i never get as muddy as the other guys... i'm always jealous

i gotta go with Twisted. Id never put them on my jeep, but even as biast and opinionated as most of us are :) it is your jeep, and nobody's going to do more then maybe tease you for it if thats what you want. But its all in the name of fun around here. I catch it for my 4 cyl. auto jeep, but i just blow itoff, cuz i love my jeep and thats all that matters

Nathan

I always figured they were a, be nice to your neighbor type thing, stones flying out of your mud tread at sonic speeds are hard on the other guys windshield. But on the practical side, I gave up trying to keep a set on whatever I´m driving long ago. Always seemd to leave them laying in a mudhole or somewhere.

Thanx for the input... I haverecieved a good easing from the guys at work about the mud gaurds but as you say it is in fun =)P

I am really looking forward to the day i cant tell what colour my jeep is because of all the mud but for now it is so beautiful in all of its pearl coat wonder.

Thanx for the input... I haverecieved a good easing from the guys at work about the mud gaurds but as you say it is in fun =)P

I am really looking forward to the day i cant tell what colour my jeep is because of all the mud but for now it is so beautiful in all of its pearl coat wonder.

we tease everyone around here for the "stick on hood scoops".. if you ask me, they are simply retarded, no function, cost money, look stupid, and everyone has them.... but that's my opinion... i can't stop people from liking them.... then.... we dont' do anything more than tease people... we simply let them know that we would not put them on our vehicles... and they know that it is all in humor... thats it

I say who cares! You like them keep them. Since when should the opinion of someone else tell you what to do. Next time some nob tell you, "Hey mud flaps don't belong on a Jeep" just ask him if it is his jeep! he will say "NO" and you reply, "thats right, It's mine and I can do what ever I want!"

Heck you wanna paint pink flowers on the side with purple accents, go ahead! I might think it is ugly, but it is your opinion that really counts!

It kinda reminds me of street jeeps with dubbs! I don't like it, most people don't like it. But I respect them and what they do, to each their own.

Johnny

Yea ask him if makes the payments you do whatever he wants.

To each his own.

As far as street jeeps spanked down,...........That is COMPLETELY unacceptable!!! :lol:

I really was not sure about the mud gaurds at first.. I kept asking a friend (who is'nt a jeep nut) what he thought about the mud gaurds. He told me that they really bring out the lines of the fender flares.

I probably will get ride of them after I lift it up and put bigger tires but I guess that will have to wait until the factory warranty goes out.

Unless mopar makes a factory lift kit covered under warranty...?? (probably not...)

Check with your dealer. Some will allow a 2" Spacer lift and 3" body Lift and still cover you with warentee. It is when you start replacing gear that they frown. Like Springs and shocks but HEY the Manufacturer of those parts should cover those right??

Piggy backin Duraback-in

Thanx L33TJ33P I was unaware that the warranty would still cover a spacer/body lift I will have to check into that!

no matter what anyone says.... there is no justification to "streeting and dubbing" a jeep....

As you can see in my Moab picks I have the factory mud flaps on my jeep' With a 4" lift and 35's it just covers 1/2 my tire and believe it or not thats the law here. They dont do much much ecpt keep me from an 80$ ticket. 34$ and they look great. They even say Jeep on them...lol

UTAH_JEEPSTER were practicaly brothers man!

At least there are 2 of us with our jeep logo mud gaurds!!

my new mission on jeepz.com is to get half of the mebers to put mud gaurds on there jeeps??

you think that is far fetched? =)P

unfortunatly I think we are in a very small class of jeepers that will/have them on. Thou it is law here I only see 1%-2% of Jeeps/ lifted trucks have them on. I put mine on to pass state inspections and sort of liked them and kept them. I dont see alot of mud, to be in-fact the biggest mud puddles I see on this board. But I make it a point to stop when I get back on road to pick the rocks out of my tires. I scream bloody murder when I get hit by one...lol.

Just the other day I was following behind this guy that had his four wheeler in the back of his truck, he must have just come off of the trails because it wwas covered in mud, anyways a rock or something came flying off and hit my windshield it really pissed me off but at least it did'nt crack.... yet.

I like your rims on your jeep what kind are they?

Back