Lucas Transmission Fix

Wonder if this could be the pump? If so I'm sure the part had a warranty and labor should be covered thru the failed part. Again, it was driveable before the pump, torque converter and seal install. This guy should do some wrenching on his own time.

The professional shop showed me the filter. Full of metal. So full it was preventing fluid from being able to be sucked through. They placed a new filter and flushed the hell out of the transmission. He said the new parts appear in great condition and suspects the metal is from the already removed bad torque converter. He has recommended that I flush and change the transmission filter each time I change the oil, and if I start hearing a noise. Hopefully, after a few flushes and filter changes, the metal will be cleared from the transmission. Fingers crossed, I'll still have many more miles out of it.

It's my worst nightmare , someone who dosen't complete the job. They knew the converter was fragged after removal and did not follow through with a complete flush ? I respect that shops are busy and must get the cars back to the customer timely , but hell has to be paid for this one !
TrailRatedRN , your really a good kid for lettin ' them live , give you credit for that ! I'd almost leave '06 casings all over the parking lot ........

I'll have to say I always feel better after a good flush, maybe your Jeep will too.

It's my worst nightmare , someone who dosen't complete the job. They knew the converter was fragged after removal and did not follow through with a complete flush ? I respect that shops are busy and must get the cars back to the customer timely , but hell has to be paid for this one ! TrailRatedRN , your really a good kid for lettin ' them live , give you credit for that ! I'd almost leave '06 casings all over the parking lot ........

The other guy flips cars on the side. Friend of a friend. He said he had flushed the transmission, but Erich suspects there is a ton of metal in there that won't be cleared with one or two flushes. I really like this professional I went to. Erich Schmidt for anyone who lives in the Springboro area. He not only did the labor for me, but told me what I needed to do at home to flush it without concern for his potential future profits. He also torqued down a couple bolts while he was under there, by no request of mine and at no charge; the locking nuts on my aftermarket track bar were loose. He charged $250 after tax to drop and inspect the transmission, flush, new filter and gasket, and ATF. Never had that done, but seemed like a decent price. Hell of a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

The other guy flips cars on the side. Friend of a friend. He said he had flushed the transmission, but Erich suspects there is a ton of metal in there that won't be cleared with one or two flushes. I really like this professional I went to. Erich Schmidt for anyone who lives in the Springboro area. He not only did the labor for me, but told me what I needed to do at home to flush it without concern for his potential future profits. He also torqued down a couple bolts while he was under there, by no request of mine and at no charge; the locking nuts on my aftermarket track bar were loose. He charged $250 after tax to drop and inspect the transmission, flush, new filter and gasket, and ATF. Never had that done, but seemed like a decent price. Hell of a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

This guy sounds like good people and I think you will benefit from his honesty . Really hope that your transmission woes are behind you , winter is coming and you need four wheel to get to work. I think this man knows that too . Glad you found someone honest and knows the pain you've been through . Wishing best of luck and trusting his recommendations. It maybe extra work , but you love your jeep and you will tend to it as you care for any of your patients , with love and devotion. No one will love that jeep like you will . Greg

Back