Lock it up

Dont blow your money on a super d35 kit, it WILL still break and for the money you can upgrade the axel to a d44 or larger. You can get nice cheap d44s in junk yards or maybe a ford 8.8 (lilttle stronger than the d35) from an exploder. They nearly bolt right in and you get rear discs with it.

BaconYJ said:
Dont blow your money on a super d35 kit, it WILL still break and for the money you can upgrade the axel to a d44 or larger. You can get nice cheap d44s in junk yards or maybe a ford 8.8 (lilttle stronger than the d35) from an exploder. They nearly bolt right in and you get rear discs with it.
The D44 is a (little stronger than the d35). The 8.8 is stronger than the D44.

A Ford 8.8 from an Exploder will nearly bolt right in where your d35 is. It is slightly stronger. You can find everything at your local junk yard.

i got a powertrax in the front detroit in rear, stock dana 35, my jeep is a monster, just took it wheelin today , ate the trails up. my last jeep wasnt locked, and i def can tell a difference, lock it up baby!

I still don't see how an open diff will perform better in ice or snow. . .

SenorCole86 said:
I still don't see how an open diff will perform better in ice or snow. . .
because when you go around turns, with an open diff the outside tire spins faster. If the locker locks in snow, ice or even rain on a turn, both will spin the same speed causing one or both tires to break traction.

Back