Little confused.........

ZBTstang

Every since I bought my jeep some of the simple things have had me guessing...

I bought a 98 SE. When I bought this I was under the impression that the wrangler X was the bottom of the line, now I seem to think differently. Is the SE the bottom of the line, basic jeep?
Also every SE I see comes with the stupid little looking wheel set on them...the "styled steal wheels" as jeep puts it. But when I bought mine (it was used) it had the "Full steel faced wheels" (again as jeep puts it) they are the ones that are the basic rims for jeep vehicles. I have seen SE's with the regular stupid looking rims on them before, so im a little confused.
If I bought an SE, which im realzing now is the bottom of the line, why did they come with those rims on them? [addsig]

Every in a while when I'm bored I'll build a new Wrangler on the jeep.com site... anyway, I think that there is a wheel upgrade option listed there... I could be wrong though.[addsig]

As it is understood to me, and until the recent release of the wrangler apex, any 4 banger wrangler was considered a SE. Prior to 95, a SE was the straight 6 ad the 4 banger was a wrangler S.

Now that jeep released the apex, it is 4 banger with an option package similar to the wrangler X, sound system, styled ecco wheels 225.75.15r tires and nicer fabric for the seats, carpet, and some other stuff. The other wheels you could have are the two styles of steel wheels, which are now available on SE, Apex, X, and sports.

Then there is the wrangler X which is basiclly a straight 6 version of a somewhat stock SE (but you can option it out to be similar to a sport minus the wheels) The only upgrade wheels this can come with are again the ecco 15x7 wheels.

The sport steps up the interior options and the wheel options include the 31.10.5.15r tires on 15x8 canyon wheels.

Then there is the sahara which has the blackish gyer wheel option and even has a leather option for the interior, two tone seats etc..

Then the gran-daddy of em all..The Rubicon which come with all sorts of different goodies. 16x8 moab wheels mt/r tires locking diffs. I hope I did not confuse you more.

I am now a little confused though. Johnny [addsig]

Oh please tell me you can get leather seats in a wrangler. I cannot believe it. It's too much. I want some.[addsig]

The TJ hierarchy is as follows (lost to greatest)

SE
Apex
X
Sport
Sahara
Rubicon

Check out Jeep.com it will fill you totally in.........[addsig]

I think thats what I said, just a lot simpler hehe
Ya leather, But I think it is a dealer installed option? There are two dealerships very close to my residence, and I frequent them both equally to get parts or what nots.
Dealership 1 had a black sahara with dark gray leather and was priced quite high.
while at dealership 2 I inquired about them not having a wrangler with out leather, the salesman was like, "they come in leather," In his defense, he did not seem all that knowledgable about jeeps. I know you can buy aftermarket leather seat covers and recover your factory seats. I think the company in called something like catzskins or something.

Johnny[addsig]

Well I have a 03 X, and with just a few $$$ green backs and some jack stands I have almost gotten to the point were it is worthy of the trails up here in alaska. Out the door it's not very off road ready, that is for the type of terain we have here. I am gettting ready to install a 2" lift this weekend and have made some tire changes as well. So after spending 17,800 purchased price, and another 3500 in add ons it still cheaper then the Rubicon at a sticker of over 31k here. Don't know much about the wranglers with leather, never seen one here. My 03 Limited has leather, but it comes the way. Good luck in your adventures, have fun...

OlllllO

:cool: [addsig]

Back