Lights Please

mikep

OK I have the new light bar that will work just fine with my winch so I need some opinions on what lights to install. I want a driving light not fog and want to stay in a reasonable budget. So the KC daylighters seem good what should I do? Also 6 in or larger with good shock resistance.:???::shades:

It may seem cheap, but I'm a fan of tractor lights found at TSC, Rural King, or any implement store. They are tough as heck, some are even rubberized, BRIGHT as heck, come round or square, chrome or black, and are way cheaper than other "brands". I've ran them for years, both on the bumper, and under the tub (rock lights) and they have taken a beating. The only thing I've ever had to do is replace a few bulbs. Later

i have hella 6" round on my jeep their not too pricey but i like them alot, and bright as heck. two mounted on the bumper and two on mirror relocaters. one great use is when u warn someone that their brights r on a few times and they dont turn them off u can melt them. :shock:

It may seem cheap, but I'm a fan of tractor lights found at TSC, Rural King, or any implement store. They are tough as heck, some are even rubberized, BRIGHT as heck, come round or square, chrome or black, and are way cheaper than other "brands". I've ran them for years, both on the bumper, and under the tub (rock lights) and they have taken a beating. The only thing I've ever had to do is replace a few bulbs. Later

I never thought of this do you have ant pics of the ones you used?

Here's a couple. I got some smaller ones, but they sell them probably up to twice this size. Some even come with the "grill" on the face. There several different styles. Like I said, they are not top-o-the-line but, for $15-$20 a pair , I am happy. They may also not be as bright as better ones, but are plenty bright for me. I didn't really want high dollar ones cause I feared tearing up an expensive set. All in all, they may not be for you, but have worked well for me for the money.

Attachments

• DSCN2580.JPG
    DSCN2580.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • DSCN2581.JPG
    DSCN2581.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 146

If I'm around in 23 years I win if not kind of like insurance

The daylighters are bright as heck! I have a set on the hood (I had them on the windshield frame, but had to move them because they interfered with the snorkel; liked them better on the windshield because there was much less reflection), and they can REALLY light up the night. I would go for those... The slimlights, on the other hand, I find are not as bright as the daylighters (got a pair as well; these are fog lights mounted on the bumper), but still are plenty bright.

Back