lifts

I agree to use every part possible in a lift to make your Jeep safe. I will use the T-case drop kit and a new rear driveshaft to reduve the driveline angles. As for the control arms i am using the new & longer lower links that come w/ my Skyjacker kit and from people i have talked to they will work fine[addsig]

ok lets get something straight #1 do you have a jeep yet , and #2 is it already lifted?
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I am sorry. you are right about everything, and I don't know what in the world I was thinking when I answered your questions. I will play nice from here on out! I love all of the way up there super lifts and worship the ground that they roll on! Foolish foolish me

image-missing.png
The pain in my heart will be undieing and shall follow me to my grave. Now Little Man in Bama I Hope you will forgive this old fool as I am No Longer Careing about this crap Tug[addsig]

now look, i dont want to fight with anyone,,but if its a tj 6"and 35's are SWEET!!
image-missing.png

you go kid..........35's is just about a perfect size...........i agree everyone in here seems very nice, but you'll due tend to knock people who go for the big jeep.........

i myselft have 9" lift and 35's......it is 1BIGMF......what u have to remember is, when going taller,you must go wider........so if u run your 35's, make sure they extend a good amount outside the fender wells

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Definently ill have my 35X12.5X10 Xterrains hanging out. Just dont let any cops pull up behind me
image-missing.png
As for Tug im sorry you feel that way and i wouldnt say im a little guy but if you want to come see drop by Bham any time your in Dixie.And Far right i do have my Jeep and have had it for 4 months.As for the lift and tires they are on the way right now.If you dont remeber the post originally started on me asking why everyone dosent like big lift and then it got into an argument of how apparently stupid i am b/c i want a big Jeep.[addsig]

Looking through the posts, it doesn't look like anyone called you stupid. We all try and help each other out with questions and suggestions. It sounds like you have the right idea though, building the Jeep for what YOU want and what YOU are going to do with it. Maybe others do not like the large lift nor do they really have a need for it. A Jeep is YOUR vehicle and you can do with what you want. But as the 6 inches of lift, I don' think that its too much. Right now I have approx. 7 1/2 of lift with SOA and shackles and I think the Jeep handles fine. All of the work we did was custom-built and that is the way I think a Jeep should be 'built, not bought'. But again that is my opinion. My only suggestion is this- I was 16 once and I thought I could handle my vehicle until that ditch jumped out and my car ended up in it. Don't take this personally, its a male thing to think we can handle anything and everything, some things however, need to be learned through experiance....

-No Jeep is complete without Mud..-[addsig]

tjoffroad00 just do it ...... at one piont we were all young and had cool rides.. i think some of us forgot,,, so do what you like and keep jeepin it ...... we are crawlers ,, we drive the best out the box 4x4 ever made
image-missing.png
we know it
image-missing.png
have fun in your jeep..

oh do you have a father? or were you looking for one on this web site
image-missing.png
big jeeps kick as for me i am not a sheep .... you asked a ????? here is what i think---- if you have a jeep do whatyou have to to get 33s..... this is not to say that stock jeep can't get it done but if you had 33s you could get more done........ ok i said it ......

like we say down here in san antonio drive like u stole it .......

dang i need some sleeppppppzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

image-missing.png
big jeeps need love too
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I´ve got a tendancy to set up my rides, so they get where I´m going and back again without breaking or damaging the rides or myself.

As a starting point in reverse engineering, put a stock tire and rim on the old bathroom scale, then a 36 or whatever. Then divide one by the other, you can use this as the common stress facotor on the old drivetrain mechanical components, gear boxes and motor.

Then you figure in the ratio of stock ride highth and the ride highth after lift as a ratio. And factor this as suspension stress.

Then you figure the radius of a stock tire and then the radius of a higher tire and use this as a ratio to figure the redused braking and increased bearing stress (leverage to the front and side).

You add this together and you will get a factor many times the design envelope of the old Jeep.

The common wisdom is to raise the Jeep, then start swapping out parts that break and replacing them with 3/4 ton truck parts. I´ve got a 3/4 ton with a 6" lift (4 suspension and 2 body) with 36" and a 131 inch wheel base, Danna 60 rear, danna 44 front, 4.11`s and a V-8 that is rigth about at the limit of usefullness and driveability. Can´t really picture doing it to a Jeep or anything else, other than for fun, exercise or as a fashion statement.

I left out center of gravity on purpose, but would like to add braking distance. Stopping 38´s from 70 miles an hour has gotta be hair raising.
image-missing.png

The idea of trying to walk cross country on stilts because you might step in a hole seems kinda, whatever. Seeing as sooner or later you´re gonna trip, fall or slip, no matter how good your balance, why try it on platform shoes. I wear wadders.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

My only question is what in the world did I say that set so many folks off?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> 65 miles per hour on 35"s, on top of a big old 6" lift, plus a body lift would be like drivein a spinning top on the back of a rocking horse, or even worse. Not meaning to flame you either just would hate to read where you got killed on the freeway while looking really cool and falling hard from such a hight! Get that beast up in the air you will have a real eye popping, parade ride but you better be careful when driving anywhere with steep curve or side angles. Tug

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said I don't like Big Jeeps. I never said Do not build yourself a Big Jeep? I never said Don't get a Big Jeep! Golly Ned I love a Big Ol Jeep. When the Monster Trucks come to town I'm going to be there. I love to go to the Rock Crawler Web Sites and look at the mathamatical wonders of modern tech and dream of having the money to have myself a Jeep that would need a ladder to get my old fat butt into.

I did say on the road where I come from we have alot of curves (the kind that have arrows around them so you know when to turn and for how long) and the trails are kinda steep somtime I get my foot tangled up in my cb mike cord as it hangs at a right angles.

I said in a kinda different way driven would be harder, i don't mean to dis you and don't want to see anyone get hurt be careful while stylen cause it hurts more to fall from 4 ft than 1 ft, go do what you want, be careful doing it mostly on curves and angles.

From that I became a great big old Jeep hater! Guess I'll just have to be more carefull about what I say. however in retrospect I meant every word of it. Do what you gotta do and have fun doing it. heck fire I love you guys your Jeep People, got to love em! Tug[addsig]

it's cool ,,,,,,,, i guess it was everytime some one would say they wanted big tires and a lift some one with 31s would say it was a bad idea.... i just can't see why( weight /wheel and other crap)... i'm from another part of the U S sometimes we hit trails that take us 8 hours to reach.... and i'm one of the guys that would weld my rearend so that i could make every trail.... while driving my jeep on the street at the same time( i do 1000 a week) down here 33s are the first tire we try to start with .... lots of folks stay with that ,, some of us push for more ... so we get 35s and for some that is not were we want to be ... so i'm going to 39.5s why ???? because i can .... when u get to this point this is when you really have to know your sh it ..... like some of you i'm 30 and have been wheelin all my life ,, not just from 16 but it was more like 9 with my big brother and others ... now i am one of the ones people call when they need to get it done , or help... i'm am always here for people even if you want to run stock... hell down here they call me B.J. no no not like that it stands for BLACK JEEP.... the funny thing is ,, my jeep is 1BIGMF not me .... ya'll be cool just cause you might stop faster ,,, that does not make you better... we are all the same ,,WE ARE JEEPS big or small...

image-missing.png
[addsig]

you dont think it is cool to stop fast.....after you and your jeep on 39.5s w/ those factory brakes run over a little car or kid and they put you in jail, can i have your jeep.........
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

i love that lol,,,,,,, right know i am just about giving my old axles away.... stock won't work with 39x15x16.5...... i didn't have the momey for a front 60 so i got a 3/4 dana44 off a chevy .... with 39s i went full-size axles and strectched my jeep 5 inches i have 100 inches of whellbase..... i think my brakes work fine... lol and if the kid is smart he will just laydown i won't touch him
image-missing.png

hey i don't want to sound like a fool but i think some of us might be running off some of these young jeepers who need help!!!!! so lets talk to them not at them
image-missing.png
you ( boys & girls) lets be cool just like we are on the trail.......and yes 39s on a dana44 will work ,,,if it is in the front ... it's a jeep and doesn't have the weight of a full-size truck....

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Thank you for all the replies i have gotten on the topic.I am still gonna have my big tires and lift but I can know understand better why some people want the smaller lift/tires.Tug-n-pull i apologize for any comments i made that came across wrong to you, i know realize you were just trying to help me out and thanks for it.But i will watch out on those curves for ya.Nothing bad meant by things i said but i here enough from people about how "dangerous and unstable" a stock Jeep is its hard to come online and listen to it from others about my lifted Jeep.O well dosent really matter what they say , we all know their words are just excuses on why they want a Jeep.Keep on Jeepin'.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back