LETS GO RED SOX

raptor_pilot...give me a break...the Yanks buy minor leaguers is called a farm club. None of the so called yankee haters have writing anythign that might be considered baseball intelligent.

twisted copper...see my post where I listed all the redsox players that were bought. obviously the yanks went out and filled holes. Farm clubs cant produce all good players. and salary cap....well there isnt one. So the yanks are playing withing the rules. Do you think they shouldnt spend money to improve their team if they have it?? thats just dumb.

Bottom line....yanks are the best franchise in sports and I have a great time watching them play. Everyone who doesnt like them...too bad for you. but whatever floats your boat.

GO YANKS!!!

Series 3-2 yanks....back to the Bronx[/b]

Yet another good game. Now it's back to NY. I'm hoping that the Yankees can close it out tonight.

Reguardless of who you root for, this series is awesome! Unfortunatly, the red sox could not play ball last night! I am die hard sox's fan, but what the heck is up with nomah! (spelled correctly) batting a .105 for the serries?????? At leats Walker is on fire!
I am a little pissed at grady now, he should put wakefield in for game 6 but instead he is keeping to his schedual with Burkett, I hope he can pull it out!Lets Go Sox!!

I will tell you who has impressed me....Trot Nixon and Todd Walker. It's almost like every time they get up to bat they gets on base. I checked the stats:

Trot Nixon
For his career: .277 BA .366 OBP
For the year: .306 BA .396 OBP
For this series: .400 BA .500 OBP

Todd Walker
For his career: .290 BA .346 OBP
For the year: .283 BA .333 OBP
For this series: .500 BA .566 OBP

Tonight I am worried about Manny and Ortiz. Manny hits Andy better than any other Yankee pitcher with a carreer average of .424 and an on base of .470 vs Pettitte. Ortiz has a .409 batting average and a .458 on base average vs Pettitte.

I will now eat my shoes!! Grady had a plan and it came through!!!

The worst part is, we are going to have to play the marlins in the World Series :cry: It would have been better with the cubs, meeting of the curses! (I know we have not won this series yet, this is just my perpetual optimism shinning through) Tonight is going to be awesome!!!!!

This just might be clemens last game :( As much of a traitor some boston fans think he is, he is one hell of a pitcher, he has nothing to prove to me, thats for sure!

Tonight's game will be great! If the Yankees can win, my prediction will come true (Yankees in seven). The Yankees could not get any quality pitching last night and there were far too many defensive errors to win. I hope they can turn that around tonight and Roger can pitch a great game.

Whats up with the oh-so-loyal Yanks fans? Leaving a Play Off game 6 non the less, early! Loosing getting to you!

GO SOX!

Look back on this thread to Oct 8th at 03:59pm central standard time and you will see Deerhunter30 post "I'll call it as Yankees in seven!"

It was a great series. Pedro pitched a great game and the Sox bats had a good game. The Yankees had a few good innings as Pedro got tired and then in the 11th Aaron Boone came through!

The Curse Lives!

In all seriousness this was one of the best hard fought series I've seen in a while. Both teams played hard. They left it all on the field. Now it's time to take care of some fish!

Sorry Boston fans. :( I was rooting for you! Now, I have ABSOLUTELY no reason to watch baseball. Actually pretty entertaining, considering.

I was SOMEWHAT intrigued with Boston and Cubs ending their so called "Curses", but now... nada.

Back to America's favorite pastime: FOOTBALL. :wink:

Well I guess all the Boo-sox fans have more to complain about. It wouldnt be a baseball season if their wasnt a redsox colapse. of course this time they waited until Game 7 of the ALCS. I really believe that Boston Jinx'ed themselves with the starting the world series field stuff in Fenway before the game. Anyway you look at it it was a great series and I dont see how the world series can compare to the drama of the ALCS. I am just glad the yanks made it.

GO YANKS!!!

Back