leaking top

dbr5010

Just when I thought I was a mans man....

i bought my jeep and the soft top leaks in the back there is no piece on the tail gate to hook to the window what do i need to get or fix it.

RE: cheap tricks

Hi-Ya, dbr5010,

I don't know which model of Jeep you have or which brand of soft-top, but
on my CJ with a "Bestop" soft-top there is a retainer bar that snaps into the two corner pieces of the body lip soft-top retainer.

The bottom edge of the soft-top rear window then slips into a slot on that bar.

I will try to take and post a picture of the rear window retainer bar setup tomorrow.

Regards,

Gadget

RE: Winches

Inspector-Gadget said:
Hi-Ya, dbr5010,

I don't know which model of Jeep you have or which brand of soft-top, but
on my CJ with a "Bestop" soft-top there is a retainer bar that snaps into the two corner pieces of the body lip soft-top retainer.

The bottom edge of the soft-top rear window then slips into a slot on that bar.

I will try to take and post a picture of the rear window retainer bar setup tomorrow.

Regards,

Gadget

Correct, Gadget - same with my YJ and TJ (factory tops). Little retainer bar. Sounds like that's what you're missing, dbr5010.

trans slip

Hi again, dbr5010,

Here are the promised pictures:

A picture of the rear window retainer bar. The bar is 43.25 inches long and snaps into the body lip soft top retainer corner pieces:

image-missing.png

Driver's side pic with bar in place:

image-missing.png

Passenger side pic with bar in place:

image-missing.png

The bottom edge of the soft top rear window slips into the slot in the bar which is facing the viewer.

When the soft top is tensioned via the support bars, the rear window pulls taut in the bar slot.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gadget

PS: I might have mounted the retainer bar upside down for the pics shown above. It has been so many years since I used the retainer bar, I am uncertain which way it goes. In any case, you should still be able to get an idea of what is missing in your setup.

dbr5010 wrote:

nice jeep gadget do you know where to get one or want to seell yours

Thank you, dbr.

On the chance you were asking if I wanted to sell the soft top rear window retainer bar -- as opposed to asking if I wanted to sell the Bubbacon -- I do not want to sell the retainer bar.

I would suggest that you go directly to "Bestop" for misc. soft top parts. (Assumes your soft top is, in fact, a "Bestop" brand soft top.)

The "Bestop" I-Net web-page is here:

http://www.bestop.com/

The phone number for "Bestop" is listed under the "contact us" link on the "Bestop" web page, but here is the phone number: (800) 845-3567.

I had to buy the body lip soft top retainer corner pieces when I purchased my Jeep. Those two pieces were missing. I telephoned "Bestop," and they shipped the corner pieces via UPS.

No fuss, no muss, no hassle -- pronto service!

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gadget

Which axle is the best?

Thanks but my top is factory so i got to fork out the big bucks from the dealer or rig something up i think i got something in mind.

Back