Jeep Virgin about to take the plunge

thats cool. most people are scared to post their pics on the web so you never know what anyone looks like when you are talking to them

Looks good! The Lizard Skin will only stick as well as the stuff it is attached to.
Westley's Bleach White tire cleaner is great for anything rubber or vinyl, not just tires. Scrub the tires with that, rinse, and put Armor All on when they dry.

Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of work getting it prepped for the lizard skin. It has really old liner of some sort that is cracking and flaking....so I have to get all that off first. My dad is borrowing a commercial grade pressure washer....that should get it all up...just hope I dont blast a hole in the bottom. :)

Cool Jeep, love the yellow. My last Harley was yellow, the color grabs atten for some reason. I think your gonna enjoy the Jeep Life, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't. Congrads and good luck with it.

I took the seats out of mine and took a grinder to the floor. I scuffed the paint up really good and got all the carpet adhesive off from when I pulled the carpet. I did the herculiner roll on about 3 weeks ago. It was a project, but def worth it. The offer still stands, if you need someone to work on your jeep for you let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Justin

Thank you, yes the yellow definately doesn't blend in with the crowd. I like it though...funny how yellow is what I wanted. I unzipped the old roll bar covers and found that the roll bar is still red. I knew that the jeep had been repainted...but didn't know it used to be red. I am guessing he went to Macco if they didn't even bother to take the roll bar covers off and paint that.

Thanks, Justin! I had my mechanic come by and check it out...and he was very impressed with it. He tried to buy it from me! But when something does pop up I will let you know. That is a very sweet offer...thank you!

i need to do some kind of liner in mine too. i have been putting it off because i procrastinate on junk. i need to do it also though

Thanks...too late though.

Will keep looking. I bought some gloves and hat and that is keeping me warm when it is cold in the mornings....doesn't shield me from the crazy looks though! :)

I have a pair of soft upper doors for a yj if your interested. I'll be making a trip there to Houston this thanksgiving and Dec 7th for Chrysler. P.M. me if your interested , the upper doors are black.

Thanks...too late though.

Will keep looking. I bought some gloves and hat and that is keeping me warm when it is cold in the mornings....doesn't shield me from the crazy looks though! :)
S'all right, it just makes you look hard-core. :lol:

i have been driving this thing for two weeks now and I have not passed any other Jeeps. I havn't experienced the wave yet and it is bumming me out.

Back